Helping Students Deal With Bullying

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think I'm still missing the point of that.

That potentially you are reading the post in two ways. One is the message at face value and one is what I am trying to achieve by posting. So there is a conversation to comunicate. But also the sparring element in that I just took a shot at you.

So inseted of just reacting you recognized it for the attack it was. And also recognized that it had no basis as per the discussion. And then addressed it. You approached the conversation tactically.

And you did this because to a degree you are trained in conversation and can recognize the different elements.

And this is how conversation as sparring works.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

I have 2 teachers in my life. For the issue of "deal with bullying", one teacher would put a knife into my hand. The other teacher would ask me to back off and bite my lip.

What I would suggest my students to deal with bulling are:

To beat that person up that

- his own mother won't be able to recognize him.
- he will be regret that his mother ever brought him into his world.
- he won't be able to take care of himself for the rest of his life.
- he will have to crawl on the ground and pick up his missing teeth.
- he will know that death is not that bad after all. :)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That potentially you are reading the post in two ways. One is the message at face value and one is what I am trying to achieve by posting. So there is a conversation to comunicate. But also the sparring element in that I just took a shot at you.

So inseted of just reacting you recognized it for the attack it was. And also recognized that it had no basis as per the discussion. And then addressed it. You approached the conversation tactically.

And you did this because to a degree you are trained in conversation and can recognize the different elements.

And this is how conversation as sparring works.
Okay, but conversation as sparring can get in the way of communication, sharing ideas, and even testing ideas. It is not. A universal concept. As someone else pointed out, that’s debate, and debate is not the only way of advancing thought.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have 2 teachers in my life. For the issue of "deal with bullying", one teacher would put a knife into my hand. The other teacher would ask me to back off and bite my lip.

What I would suggest my students to deal with bulling are:

To beat that person up that

- his own mother won't be able to recognize him.
- he will be regret that his mother ever brought him into his world.
- he won't be able to take care of himself for the rest of his life.
- he will have to crawl on the ground and pick up his missing teeth.
- he will know that death is not that bad after all. :)
If we are truly talking about bullying, that’s not an appropriate response.

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
What controls a mob is the herd mentality, people feel stronger and less inhibited in a mob, they literally can get carried away.
Somebody once said that there is stupidity in numbers. Take the IQ of the dumbest person in the group and divide it by the number of people in the group to get the group IQ. And there is a modicum of truth in that.

Latest Discussions