Checking into Rehab

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Monday I will be checking into a rehab facility for alcohol dependence. Long over do. I will report to the facility every morning and return home in the evening. Praying it helps.

OP
Tames D

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not sure how long I will need to do this. But whatever it takes.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You can do this :)

I'm here if you want to talk at any time

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monday I will be checking into a rehab facility for alcohol dependence. Long over do. I will report to the facility every morning and return home in the evening. Praying it helps.

I share you're pain. I am also alcohol dependent. On the wagon for two months now. It can be done and you know what, my brain feels somewhat un-frozen. The fact that you have recognised the above, that is half the battle won already. Good luck on the journey Tames D :)

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sharing = support = commitment = a new beginning...... :)

Praying for you.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
adding my voice to the choir: You can do this!
best wishes to you: Be strong!

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
Praying for you. Echoing the sentiments from above you see the issue and are willing to deal with it...the battle is halfway one already. You can do this.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
As the others have said, good luck and best wishes. It won't necessarily be an easy journey and there may well be some steps back along the way. Good friends and understanding family will be a great help so make sure you keep them in the loop.
:asian:

OP
Tames D

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for the confidence and support. 14 hours till 'Lock up". Don't know what to expect. At least I can come home in the evenings.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Good luck. My bro has been sober for 3 years now and it's made all the difference for him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the confidence and support. 14 hours till 'Lock up". Don't know what to expect. At least I can come home in the evenings.

Not able to tell you what you can expect, but it may help if I relate a little here. Basically my rehab was in a hospital that had residential patients along with day patients. All of the nurses were psychiatric trained and that was because of the battle of the mind. So, it was for two weeks all together. The first comprised of talking to bring the personal issues out between the group. Being an alcoholic is something I denied for the last 8 - 10 years or so, so I spent most of the time lying to myself, being with the group meant I did not have too. Plus the shock value of seeing the residents was pretty horific on some levels. The second week moved to a centre where we formulated plans to change our lifes to stop the drinking. There was a lot of counselling on the second week. For me it was mainly why I chose to drink excessively and why I felt I needed to. I must confess that it did not work due to being untruthful with myself. That is the key, forget about all the people you may have lied to about the drinking and do for yourself, that is the past. They (my family) were just keen for me to stop killing myself. Two months in and I feel honest with myself.

grumpywolfman

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'll be keeping you in my prayers. Stay strong, you can do all things in Christ.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." ~ 2 Corinthians 5:17

Latest Discussions