Capoeira

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The current (Oct. 2003) issue of Black Belt has an article on Capoeira. It has a fair amount of background info. on the art, though the pictures feature an attractive woman doing "cardio capoeira" and--perhaps it's just me--the pictures seem to focus on her crotch. It seems very suggestive and out-of-place for the article, sadly.

OP
Q

Quick Sand

I've wanted to try Capoeira ever since I watched "Only the Strong" about 6 or 7 years ago but it's not offered anywhere near me. Sad but true. :(

OP
Q

Quick Sand

Not a horrible article but not great either. Not the best use of english I've ever seen. Anyone else think "passional" is definitely not a word????

OP
Q

Quick Sand

Oops, sorry. I didn't know where the sight was from. Understandable then.

OP
L

Leo Daher

Originally posted by Quick Sand
Not a horrible article but not great either. Not the best use of english I've ever seen. Anyone else think "passional" is definitely not a word????

From Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary:

pas·sion·al: Of, relating to, or filled with passion.

So yes, it is a word.

BTW, it's site, as in website, not sight.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There is once again a brief demo. of capoeira in the current (Dec. 2003) issue of Budo International magazine .

NoSuchChick

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I am researching taking a Capoeira class. I am in Southern NH, but would also travel to northern Massachusetts... I have found a few websites, and when I emailed to get info, I got no response. It was amazing to me that some of the websites had NO contact or class information whatsoever, as if they were not interested in having new students (perhaps they just aren't.).

Hopefully I will get more info after the weekend. Otherwise, if anyone knows of a reputable instructor in this area, please send me a private message.

I would appreciate any info...

Best regards,

Jennifer

OP
T

ThuNder_FoOt

Nestor Capoeira has a few good movies out involving the art.

THuNdeR_FoOT

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
GouRonin said:
Wasn't there a movie based on this art back in the 80's? Mathew Gedrick or something starred in it? They danced around sparring but never touched each other, (Kinda like some martial arts schools I know of) but in the end the kid used his skills to defeat the bad guys.

Maybe it's just me having flashbacks...:confused:

The movie was called ROOFTOPS, about homeless kids. The street styles were related to Cap... when he got hooked up with a free meal at a Latin food rest..