Can women beat a man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'm not sure that most men would fall for a femme fatale. I think the average man would be extremely suspicious if a woman who was out of his league starting coming on to him.
Haha. I think you grossly overestimate men. :D Look up Maria Butina sometime, just as a recent example of how quickly and deeply a femme fetale can penetrate into the upper echelons of relatively closed groups.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
And yet either of the Williams sisters could easily beat me in tennis, which would be more apt considering OP's asking if a woman could beat a man in a fight, as a blanket question. (Technically he's asking about multiple women, but I'm guessing that was a typo).

There's also plenty of polls where people share if they think team A could beat team B. There's a poll out there that 17% of people think they could beat a chimpanzee in a fight, while unarmed.
Oh I will take that bet on man vs chimp. Anybody out there thinks they can best an adult male chimp in a fight is absolutely delusional. From Bruce Lee to Bruce Wayne, not a chance.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh definitely. There are people who don't know that chimpanzees are all that different than capuchins. Which is why a poll on the publics perception is not the best to go by.
Just a note, capuchins are quite capable of sending a man to the ER, adult male Chimps just send a man to the morgue, or the reconstructive plastic surgeon if they were lucky. People often only see infant or juvenile chimps pictured with humans so there is this idea that they aren’t as large as they really are in person. Chimps sometimes put your hand in their mouth as a bonding or trust gesture, it’s a very uncomfortable feeling to realize that they can completely close their mouth with your hand in there. A chimp I knew named Jeff could hold two whole beers in his mouth. He also bit fingers off of a chimp that was housed next door. The four capuchins I cared for, “Kona”, “Java”, “Mocha”, “Latte” had a rock they used to torture rats to death. Rats would attempt to steal food from them, so began baiting and ambushing the rats. It’s easy to underestimate these fuzzy little guys.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Oh I will take that bet on man vs chimp. Anybody out there thinks they can best an adult male chimp in a fight is absolutely delusional. From Bruce Lee to Bruce Wayne, not a chance.
C. Dale Peterson, of Jackson Hole, WY killed a grizzly bear with his bear hands. So, then who would win? A chimpanzee or a grizzly bear?

Hot Lunch

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
C. Dale Peterson, of Jackson Hole, WY killed a grizzly bear with his bear hands. So, then who would win? A chimpanzee or a grizzly bear?
That story is widely believed to be a hoax.

Hot Lunch

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Just look at this thing. It's a bit difficult to tell by analyzing the package, but this thing might even be female. Regardless, that skin looks like it's made the same material as hockey pucks. You probably couldn't cut this thing with a knife as easy as you could a human.
7mDlCyFFKUEyknuEzxExqVzXvTJSxy735PoUkELW4Nc.jpg

Hot Lunch

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
So, then who would win? A chimpanzee or a grizzly bear?
I don't think the fight would be all that one-sided. While we can debate on whether or not there are verified cases of an unarmed man killing a grizzly, there are verified cases of people surviving attacks by them - even without immediate medical care.

The first two things a chimp will do to you is either try to rip your genitals off or gouge your eyes out. I assume that a grizzly bear's genitals are far more difficult to get to than its eyes, and if a chimp can manage to gouge out a grizzly's eyeballs... well it's game over for the grizzly. Of course, the bear would probably have to make a serious mistake for the chimp to be able to do that.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Legendary fishing there, and yes, there are many bears, which makes fishing a lot more exciting than usual.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can’t say, because I can’t imagine such a thing. Grizzly bears vary in size from 600 to well over a thousand pounds. There is a male Amur tiger that is currently being tracked and studied who specifically hunts, kills, and eats large brown bears. There are grisly photos of his kills taken by the researchers. All that said, I’m willing to bet 5 to 1 against you if you are ready to see if you know how to fight well enough to win against a chimp. I think you are smarter than that though. I could post pictures of what has happened to people, but nobody wants to look at that.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't think the fight would be all that one-sided. While we can debate on whether or not there are verified cases of an unarmed man killing a grizzly, there are verified cases of people surviving attacks by them - even without immediate medical care.

The first two things a chimp will do to you is either try to rip your genitals off or gouge your eyes out. I assume that a grizzly bear's genitals are far more difficult to get to than its eyes, and if a chimp can manage to gouge out a grizzly's eyeballs... well it's game over for the grizzly. Of course, the bear would probably have to make a serious mistake for the chimp to be able to do that.
Don’t forget thumbs, they like to bite them off.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Which a chimp can lift. A male chimp can lift 1,200 pounds.
Well I don’t know that, but I would say it’s not impossible when the chimp is very excited. They typically don’t exert themselves like that. If you spend any time around them, you go out of your way to not upset the peace and when they go apeshit it’s good time to avoid them.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which only shows that even a bear can be merciful.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just look at this thing. It's a bit difficult to tell by analyzing the package, but this thing might even be female. Regardless, that skin looks like it's made the same material as hockey pucks. You probably couldn't cut this thing with a knife as easy as you could a human.View attachment 30000
Remember this “thing” as you call it shares 98% of your DNA. They are so similar to us, and we treat them as bad as we possibly could. The saddest thing is to see them alone, bereft of a community. Something we know of as the worst of punishments.

Hot Lunch

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Remember this “thing” as you call it shares 98% of your DNA. They are so similar to us, and we treat them as bad as we possibly could. The saddest thing is to see them alone, bereft of a community. Something we know of as the worst of punishments.
Mice share 90% of our DNA, so I'm not going to use that as a measuring stick to gauge how I should feel about a particular animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions