dunc

Black Belt
Reaction score
Ahh OK - lazy googling on my part

This is quite painful to watch.... be warned

Hot Lunch

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, but these people think that they'd win the fight. My guess is 1 in 1000 might win.
Unless...just like OP didn't specify which woman, it doesn't specify which chimp. Just 'a chimp'. If that's the case, I guess most people could take a baby chimp.
What I'm curious about is everyone's thoughts on the minimum weaponry necessary for a healthy adult male human to successfully beat a chimp.

The odds of ever getting attacked by a chimp are pretty slim, but not exactly zero. There was the Travis incident where the owner's friend was attacked. But there could have been an incident where someone who keeps a pet chimp leaves the door unlocked and the chimp gets out. And you happen to be on the sidewalk right in front of the house as soon as it gets out.

Running is not an option. You cannot outrun a chimp. You can't climb anything to get away the same way you would if a dog were chasing you, because chimps are vastly superior to humans at climbing.

If you had a regular spring assisted knife, do you think you'd be able to fight off the chimp with it? What about an extendable baton? Is it possible to defeat a chimp with anything less than a firearm?

windwalker099

Green Belt
Reaction score
"The least powerful male still produced more power than the most powerful female.

When taking the UFC Performance Institute benchmarks for world-leading performance, bantamweight UFC males have a 17% greater benchmark than female bantamweights in vertical jump performance [5]. Reactive strength shows an even greater discrepancy with a 33% difference favoring males [5].

Maximum strength world-leading performance benchmarks are 32% greater in bantamweight males than females and 6.5% greater for VO2max."

"Can a woman beat a man"

Whatever one thinks of transgender's,
a good real world metric to answer this question 🤔

Last edited:

Hot Lunch

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
"The least powerful male still produced more power than the most powerful female.

When taking the UFC Performance Institute benchmarks for world-leading performance, bantamweight UFC males have a 17% greater benchmark than female bantamweights in vertical jump performance [5]. Reactive strength shows an even greater discrepancy with a 33% difference favoring males [5].

Maximum strength world-leading performance benchmarks are 32% greater in bantamweight males than females and 6.5% greater for VO2max."

"Can a woman beat a man"

Whatever one thinks of transgender's,
a good real world metric to answer this question 🤔
Can't argue with science.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet that the 1 in 1000 aren't necessarily exceptionally skilled or athletic. There just happened to be a moment during the fight where the planets were perfectly aligned and all that other mumbo jumbo. If they left the fight with zero permanent injuries (what are the odds of THAT happening?), their odds against a chimpanzee the second time around would still be 1 in 1000 like everybody else.
This is the core philosophy behind jujutsu subs.

Rope a dope with a chimp, you're gonna have a bad day.

But what if you got that chimp in a solid kimura and broke its arm. Then you might have a sporting chance.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Hi Steve,
1`) We have had issues in the past. So feel free to report away.
2) I never said he had experience. I said he had more knowledge than I do.
He is in the medical field. I am not. I acknowledge when someone has skill sets I respect, and understand it is outside of my areas of study.
That being said. Just because I agree with someone, you do not have to engage me.
I have gone out of my way to avoid threads you were active in.
I believe I had post 9 on this thread, and was follow up, and not engaging you.
Yes, you or I could ignore the other formally.
Yet, I wonder why you insist to always disagree with posts of mine?
Oh Wait all these questions are further engagement.
I should not do that.
As you and I cannot agree on the color of the sky, not if it is sunny or raining if we were within 6 feet of the other.
So please enjoy.
And engage others, as it is quite clear to me, you do it for fun.

You said he "is correct in how most of those procedures occur." And by your own admission, you have no idea what you're talking about. I appreciate your self-awareness. I simply pointed out that he probably doesn't, either.

I'm no expert on lethal injections myself, but it appears that I've done a little more reading up on the topic than you two. It's among the things I have some passing knowledge about because I'm a curious guy, and don't just say, "Well, he has more knowledge than me...." For those with an interest, there is a wealth of information out there on the topic of lethal injections that belies "conventional wisdom." Enough for me to believe that lethal injections are problematic, and not the humane, civilized procedure people think.

You could just accept that you were mistaken, and we can all move on. Even better, I hope you're irritated enough by me to do some research on the subject and learn a little. I always hold out hope that you'll try to prove me wrong by actually doing some reading up on the subject, and then maybe come around.

Or you can dip into your old playbook and suggest I'm a drug addict. I mean, that's cool too, I guess. And you wonder why I don't like you. :D

Hot Lunch

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
But what if you got that chimp in a solid kimura and broke its arm. Then you might have a sporting chance.
Even if a chimp agreed to let you try to submit him, he'd bust out of it in less than second. Not only are chimps something like six times stronger than humans, but they have four hands (i.e., their feet are "hands.").

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Even if a chimp agreed to let you try to submit him, he'd bust out of it in less than second.
That's just theory though, and old YouTube videos aren't really evidence for future events.

Humans have, throughout history, wrestled all sorts of strong animals and survives. Tigers, bears, primates. It's rare but it happens.

This thread is dumb.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'm a bleeding heart, I guess. I can't get past the cruelty to the chimpanzee in any of these comments about pitting humans against them. I'll leave that to the rest of you. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.