Calling all Treo 650 owners

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think he's talking about being able to lock the Treo, as well as clearing data with an SMS trigger if lost or stolen. Central and Butler both offer this feature.

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
thanks you guys.

I recently got MobiTV for my Treo and it is amazing!!
Framerate is great and the number of channels that you can have is great as well. It will come in handy this weekend since I will be out of the house as the NFL draft starts. Now I can turn to espn or nfl network and watch live coverage of the draft.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
AceHBK said:
thanks you guys.

I recently got MobiTV for my Treo and it is amazing!!
Framerate is great and the number of channels that you can have is great as well. It will come in handy this weekend since I will be out of the house as the NFL draft starts. Now I can turn to espn or nfl network and watch live coverage of the draft.
I think MobiTV is highly dependent on signal strength. Given the way my signal varies here (lots of hills), I haven't bothered with it yet.

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
yes I will agree with that, signal strength does matter. Here in Texas it is flat and in Dallas singal strength is not a problem. Framerate is good as well as quality. I notice that ESPN slows down some but other stations such as MSNBC and others are right on time. I think I have heard some say there is like a 10 min difference in between regular tv and the time u see it on your phone. I have no issues with that at all.

Now I am trying to find a good Bluetooth headset to go with mine. I refuse to do another motorola b/c the last one I had, I returned it due to the poor sound.
I have been looking at the Jabra BT 500, Cardo Scala 500 & Plantronics.
ANy suggestions?

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
AceHBK said:
Now I am trying to find a good Bluetooth headset to go with mine. I refuse to do another motorola b/c the last one I had, I returned it due to the poor sound.
I have been looking at the Jabra BT 500, Cardo Scala 500 & Plantronics.
ANy suggestions?
I have a Scala 500 and I like it. I wrote a review over on Everything Treo. Cardo also has info on their website about a Scala 700 and 750, but they don't appear to be available yet.

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
A salesperson at compusa told me about the scala and I have been researching it amongst others. I had a Motorola HS820 and I hate the "dangling over the ear" thing and that makes me worried about purchasing the scala.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
AceHBK said:
A salesperson at compusa told me about the scala and I have been researching it amongst others. I had a Motorola HS820 and I hate the "dangling over the ear" thing and that makes me worried about purchasing the scala.
I prefer headsets with earhooks. They just feel more secure to me. The Scala 500's hook is very comfortable. I'll quite often forget to take it off when I come home from work, until my gf asks me if I'm expecting a call.

Latest Discussions