Bruce Juchnik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I was reviewing a tape one of the martialtalk members traded me early this year. The tape in question is Bruce Juchnik who teaches Kosho Ryu Kempo. In the tape, he talks about how Mitose taught him the Pinan kata's and Naihanchi Kata's. The question here is why did Ed Paker decide not to teach them. Or if he did at one point why did he take them out. The techniques he shows doesn't not impress me at all. But that is my opinon.
Bob:asian:

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kempojujutsu
I was reviewing a tape one of the martialtalk members traded me early this year. The tape in question is Bruce Juchnik who teaches Kosho Ryu Kempo. In the tape, he talks about how Mitose taught him the Pinan kata's and Naihanchi Kata's.

He said he taught them to Juchnik not Parker.

The question here is why did Ed Paker decide not to teach them.

Who said Mitose taught Ed Parker anything........... "HE DIDN 'T"!!!

Or if he did at one point why did he take them out.

He never had them In!

The techniques he shows doesn't not impress me at all.

Now you know why Ed Parker never learned anything from him either! sheesh

:asian:

jazkiljok

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I was reviewing a tape one of the martialtalk members traded me early this year. The tape in question is Bruce Juchnik who teaches Kosho Ryu Kempo. In the tape, he talks about how Mitose taught him the Pinan kata's and Naihanchi Kata's. [/QUOTE]

I've read much about Juchnik's claims. Mitose was in prison when they met. Juchnik says a student of his was a prison guard in San Quentin and set up the meeting. there was no physical training allowed by prison rules. i suppose they probably sat at a table with a window between them for a short period of time for each visit. Juchnik claims some sort of training by parable and allegory. (forgive me for saying, but that's some strong snake oil some one is selling.)

Pinan and Naihanci Kata? say wouldn't that be good ol' KARATE? hmmmm...

by all accounts from men who were students/friends of Ed Parker, he held Mitose in very low esteem well before Mitose was locked away for his part in the murders of an elderly japanese couple.

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by jazkiljok
By all accounts from men who were students/friends of Ed Parker, he held Mitose in very low esteem well before Mitose was locked away for his part in the murders of an elderly japanese couple. [/B]

That would be a "correct".

A

alan libby

hello
do we know that grandmaster had part in the murder
or did we just read it - the real person to ask would be hanchi juchnick { sp } but at any rate hanchi is a real down to earth person as i did meet him at the kenpo\kempo tourney it was a good meeting
bless u all

A

alan libby

hello

thank u for the we know all that -
the thing is did u hear it when it was told to u - or did u have the know it all attitude - because of folk not taking the time to understand what really was the message.
thank you

P

ProfessorKenpo

Originally posted by alan libby

hello

thank u for the we know all that -
the thing is did u hear it when it was told to u - or did u have the know it all attitude - because of folk not taking the time to understand what really was the message.
thank you

I believe the Tracy's have the transcripts of the trial on their website somewhere or the ability to download it from there but I'm not sure.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

jazkiljok

Brown Belt
Reaction score

hello
or did we just read it - the real person to ask would be hanchi juchnick { sp } but at any rate hanchi is a real down to earth person as i did meet him at the kenpo\kempo tourney it was a good meeting
bless u all

this was a well documented and locally reported case in its time.

the tracy's karate folks have gone to great length's to sell the trial's transcripts...

http://www.tracyskarate.com/mitose-trans/official_trial-mstpage.htm

and yes, it's true- i wasn't on the moon when the lunar module landed...:asian:

OP
K

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I could go to the tracy site, but I am tried and little lazy right now. But didn't the tracy say they had like 100 boxes containing all of the mitose transcrip.
Bob:D

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The thing is did u hear it when it was told to u - or did u have the know it all attitude - because of folk not taking the time to understand what really was the message.

I have known Mitose's story sincebefore he was convicted. I have all the magazine articles, rap sheets and transcripts that Mr. Parker sent me for my personal evaulation. I also know of the guards at the prison and what went on there.

Too bad some people make bad choices.

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
To quote the Great Golden Dragon, who is quoting the Great E K Parker ... Time will either promote you or expose you!

Dan

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

hello
bless u all

The real person to ask would be Nimr Hassan. He is the man that actually committed the murder. BTW, it was a single murder. He left Mrs. Namamatsu for dead, but she testified against him. He then implicated Mitose in exchange for a lighter sentence, changed his name, and is now teaching Koga Ha Kosho Shorei Ryu Kenpo in Philadelphia.

Dave

K

Kirk

Originally posted by KenpoDave

The real person to ask would be Nimr Hassan. He is the man that actually committed the murder. BTW, it was a single murder. He left Mrs. Namamatsu for dead, but she testified against him. He then implicated Mitose in exchange for a lighter sentence, changed his name, and is now teaching Koga Ha Kosho Shorei Ryu Kenpo in Philadelphia.

Dave

There were also many more criminal allegations made, before
the whole murder trial came to be. There was extortion, and
rape, to name 2.

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoDave

Dave

That's the legal system for ya, this guy does the killing and gets out of jail. They should have thrown away the key on this turd :mad: .

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Let's keep this simple.

1. Mitose was a big time con man & criminal whose activities finally caught up with him.

2. Mitose is not a part of the Parker Lineage and Parker never learned anything from him.

3. Sorry if I hurt anyones feelings.

kelly keltner

Black Belt
Reaction score
jazkiljok said:
I was reviewing a tape one of the martialtalk members traded me early this year. The tape in question is Bruce Juchnik who teaches Kosho Ryu Kempo. In the tape, he talks about how Mitose taught him the Pinan kata's and Naihanchi Kata's.
I've read much about Juchnik's claims. Mitose was in prison when they met. Juchnik says a student of his was a prison guard in San Quentin and set up the meeting. there was no physical training allowed by prison rules. i suppose they probably sat at a table with a window between them for a short period of time for each visit. Juchnik claims some sort of training by parable and allegory. (forgive me for saying, but that's some strong snake oil some one is selling.)

Pinan and Naihanci Kata? say wouldn't that be good ol' KARATE? hmmmm...

by all accounts from men who were students/friends of Ed Parker, he held Mitose in very low esteem well before Mitose was locked away for his part in the murders of an elderly japanese couple.[/QUOTE]
You should talk to other people who also visited Mitose at folsom and find out just exactly what was allowed and what wasn't ask about the courtyard ask about Mitose's standing as a model prisoner. A good place to start would be mr.juchnik then you could move on to Eugene Sedeno or you could speak to Rick Alemany. But don't talk about a physical setting you know nothing about. I'm not saying the story does not have it's difficulties but you should check and talk to those people who were in it before talking. Could it be that Parker did not care for Mitose because it meant being caught in the middle of a lie.
Parker was around Trias. Trias was in Hawaii in the 40's he knew who was who's teacher who was legit and who wasn't. I understand that in tth 80's Parker tried to somehow or affiliate with the U.S.K.A. Trias told him he would have to come in under kosho which at the time would have meant coming in under Mr. Juchnik. Parker wouldn't have liked that, would he. Parker was a great man but he was a man just the same. He created something great and to be told that he had to come in under someone else may have wounded his pride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions