Boy dies from headlock. Are you prepared?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You don't need to hit something every time. There is more then one way to train. If I use correct technique speed and power and punch a bag then step back one foot use the same technique speed and power I can be pretty sure the force is around the same even though I didn't hit anythimg.

Uh, no you can't. You're assuming its the same amount of force.

Do you snap someone's arm everyone you apply in arm bar? If not how do you know you have enough force to do it? In fact if you have never snapped an arm how do you even know you can?

I did it once on accident to a partner who forgot to tap. The only thing I did different was the continuation of applied pressure instead of releasing. Hence why we tap quickly, and tap often. If you have it 80% of the way, you're going to have it at 100% eventually.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So..............

No reading comprehension
Fair enough

See I would have considered proof as a source or something other than snarkyness. Just re stating how right you are and then throwing around the insults is pretty immature.

I mean if we are discussing reading comprehension.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
See I would have considered proof as a source or something other than snarkyness. Just re stating how right you are and then throwing around the insults is pretty immature.

I mean if we are discussing reading comprehension.

You were given all the proof you need you choose to ignore it. You don't really want proof you want to troll. If it was proof you really wanted and dont except whats been given then get off your butt and go do some research stop expecting others to do it for you

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

I did it once on accident to a partner who forgot to tap. The only thing I did different was the continuation of applied pressure instead of releasing. Hence why we tap quickly, and tap often. If you have it 80% of the way, you're going to have it at 100% eventually.
You don't know that you only assume

OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You don't know that you only assume

You know because the pressure builds on your limb. If you don't tap, you'll get a snap.

When I first began Bjj, I was attempting a stacking Guard pass on a blue belt. He immediately arm barred me, with gravity making his arm bar even more potent.. I hesitated on the tap because I really wanted to pass a blue belt's Guard, and I almost got my arm broken. My arm hurt for days afterwards.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You were given all the proof you need you choose to ignore it. You don't really want proof you want to troll. If it was proof you really wanted and dont except whats been given then get off your butt and go do some research stop expecting others to do it for you

I think you are missing an important piece. You need to back up what you say. I can't prove things for you. That is silly. We could be saying any old thing.

And nothing gets discussed and you get all snarky pants.

It is not trolling to expect that.it is weird to think that I would just accept what you say. I am not sure why I would do that?

But don't take my word for it. Here is proof.
Philosophic burden of proof - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are confused as what is trolling. That would be all the off topic cry posting.
Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now that is cleared up.
Back to the discussion.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You know because the pressure builds on your limb. If you don't tap, you'll get a snap.

When I first began Bjj, I was attempting a stacking Guard pass on a blue belt. He immediately arm barred me, with gravity making his arm bar even more potent.. I hesitated on the tap because I really wanted to pass a blue belt's Guard, and I almost got my arm broken. My arm hurt for days afterwards.
And? It didn't break so according to you it was a failed technique. If I'm not able to accurately judge the force of my strikes when I don't crush someone's throat then you can't possible judge the force of am armbar that fails to break an arm even with assistance of gravity seems like a junk technique to me

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think you are missing an important piece. You need to back up what you say. I can't prove things for you. That is silly. We could be saying any old thing.

It is not trolling to expect that.it is weird to think that I would just accept what you say. I am not sure why I would do that?

You are confused as what is trolling. That would be all the off topic cry posting.

Now that is cleared up.
Back to the discussion.
Except all your doubts were answered and you choose not to listen. So if their answers are not good enough go do your own research

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't call my friends "dense" or "idiots" if they don't agree with me.:uhoh:

View attachment $1526127_641384472566278_1414677753_n.jpg
:lfao:

First off, it's not a question of "not agreeing with me." It's deliberate "no proof" obtuseness, over something that's relatively trivial, though central to this conversation-I mean, his question was answered, he just didn't like the answer, so he says, "No proof," and adheres to his position....now, come on down off your cross....

View attachment $155776_556702114415626_1205575063_n.jpg

OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
And? It didn't break so according to you it was a failed technique. If I'm not able to accurately judge the force of my strikes when I don't crush someone's throat then you can't possible judge the force of am armbar that fails to break an arm even with assistance of gravity seems like a junk technique to me

It didn't break my arm because I tapped and the hold was released. If I hadn't tapped, or if my partner had ill intent, my arm would have snapped. BTW, that's the benefit of working with living people, and not with pads or air.

In fact, the same thing happened in that video. The kid stuck in the headlock tapped, and the killer didn't let go. He maintained the lock, and eventually choked him to death.

You only tap if there's no escape.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Except all your doubts were answered and you choose not to listen. So if their answers are not good enough go do your own research

Yes just with no proof. I mean you can skirt around this all day. But you did not back up your statement. This is a normal thing.

OK let's look at it this way.

If I say you are wrong that I am a samurai and we often fought to the death.

Now what?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes just with no proof. I mean you can skirt around this all day. But you did not back up your statement. This is a normal thing.

OK let's look at it this way.

Now what?

I would ask people with far more knowledge in the topic people like Elder and Chris. OR if I didn't believe them I'd go research it myself you know like in books and things. Not just YouTube clips.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

No assumption.

Remember Will Geer, The Guns of Will Sonnett?

No brag. Just fact :lfao:......wait a minute, that was 1967-maybe you don't remember....anyway

That incident at Jones Beach theater, where I popped the guy in the chest? I'd been spending a lot of time slapping pavers-gotten to the point where I could slap five of them stood on end and break them. Not a "stack," five pavers standing on end against each other like books on a bookshelf. Not a hammerfist, an open palm strike.....like the one I hit that guy with.

I didn't crack his chest, I reckon-though I'm sure he had a wicked bruise, come morning-because he was off-balance from drinking, and somewhat relaxed...probably thought it was okay to grope my wife, and wasn't tense about that at all.....but I hit him with enough force to send him over three rows of seats....I hit him like I'd been hitting those pavers, with maybe a little extra trunk rotation thrown in for good measure.

Lucky I didn't kill him....

No brag.Just fact.....Guns of Will Sonnett....guess my voluminous memory has now betrayed my age....:lfao:....hey, Wes-I'm an old fart!

drop bear said:

Now what?

Now we call the nice men with the butterfly nets!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score

Now that is cleared up.
Back to the discussion.

Hmm. Koryu practicioners` answer to questions regarding their art could be "saying any old thing", but wikipedia links are real proof. I see. The sun is coming up, back your cave now.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It didn't break my arm because I tapped and the hold was released. If I hadn't tapped, or if my partner had ill intent, my arm would have snapped. BTW, that's the benefit of working with living people, and not with pads or air.

In fact, the same thing happened in that video. The kid stuck in the headlock tapped, and the killer didn't let go. He maintained the lock, and eventually choked him to death.

You only tap if there's no escape.

So you train effectively and SAFELY. Huh just like I do when I train strikes to sensitive places or do throws on Matts and not concrete. Or train with simunitions instead of live rounds.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I would ask people with far more knowledge in the topic people like Elder and Chris. OR if I didn't believe them I'd go research it myself you know like in books and things. Not just YouTube clips.

If they have the knowledge finding proof should be doable. This is what confuses me. Instead all I get is childishness. Which is fine I love a bit of childishness. But it does derail a thread.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If they have the knowledge finding proof should be doable. This is what confuses me. Instead all I get is childishness. Which is fine I love a bit of childishness. But it does derail a thread.

Like I said I had no problem reading the answers to your questions. In my opinion they answered what you asked for. You choose to ignore the answer that's not the givers fault

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hmm. Koryu practicioners` answer to questions regarding their art could be "saying any old thing", but wikipedia links are real proof. I see. The sun is coming up, back your cave now.

Are we really just going to dodge this all day?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Like I said I had no problem reading the answers to your questions. In my opinion they answered what you asked for. You choose to ignore the answer that's not the givers fault

I haven't ignored anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions