Fighting and Self Defence are two different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
so people have never disarmed soneind during an armed robbery? Because it happens more often then you think. I personally know Latin grocery store clerk that got beat down badly by an armed robber and right when the robber put the gun to his head he was able to knock it away it slid under a freezer. He got kicked in the head a few more times then the robber ran off but he's still alive. I've never seen an elephant outside of the zoo.... so yeah I don't like your eelephant story

I even showed you a man slapped by an elephant.

I have never had to fight a gun off someone so your story does not count?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
sure it can be but it might not be
no when validating self defense there is only 1 test. Did you live

How is each situation not situational?

Living is good. Learning is about trying to find out why.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
No which is proof of my self defence skills.
If elephants are the only way you car justify your position well OK. Since neither you ir I live in a place where elephants are a concern Ill just stick to more realistic problems. Hey but you go practice your elephant takedown just in case

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not plenty, there are some, SD people who do fight. But most of them switch to MMA or such because most SD programs are way too soft and they need better fight training, otherwise they get destroyed on fight day. SD programs, in general, are geared mostly for women, softer dudes and the elderly.
Yes because addititions. Industry training self defence is geared towards gumbies. (sort of)

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If elephants are the only way you car justify your position well OK. Since neither you ir I live in a place where elephants are a concern Ill just stick to more realistic problems. Hey but you go practice your elephant takedown just in case

More realistic? I will have as much chance of being trunk slapped by an elephant as have a gun pulled on me.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
More realistic? I will have as much chance of being trunk slapped by an elephant as have a gun pulled on me.
I doubt that Didnt you guys just have a big cafe shooting over there not long ago. We sent an officer over with a team to teach active shooter response to several of your police departments because of it

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score
Boxer can usually just use ONLY their jab and footwork to destroy most of them. If you can't get pass a Boxer's jab, how will you ever do your death strikes on them w/o getting KTFO?
Your logic is flawed. You would have to prove the first sentence is true to apply the second one.

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score
You misunderstood my comment, which wasn't about Boxers being the final litmus test. It was more about how a trained fighter can just use only their jab and footwork to demonstrate and destroy most Self Defense people, who never spar hard, let alone fought before.

Where is that BS flag emoticon thingy when you need it?

It's just, USUALLY, really easy to light up people who only train against this guy:

s-l1000.jpg
Which is no one.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
No, concentrating on your basics and practicing them improves your basics. Watering down your art only reduces its effectiveness.

Really? So if it is a choice between boxing with maywhether or training full tkd at your school. You think your school will make the student more effective due to their art not being watered down.

Watering down your art gives you the opportunity to train with top tier artists from other styles. This in my opinion increases your effectiveness.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Those who don't do well or those who don't jump into competition?

Both as a general rule.But In this instance those who don't compete. And possibly extend that to those that don't Spar. It can be a way of concealing a tragic skill set.

I mean given a choice you would choose a self defence school that also has ring success. Then you get the best of both worlds.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Really? So if it is a choice between boxing with maywhether or training full tkd at your school. You think your school will make the student more effective due to their art not being watered down.
More effective at what? How will fighting Mayweather make me better at TKD? Especially if I'm fighting Mayweather using boxing rules?
Watering down your art gives you the opportunity to train with top tier artists from other styles. This in my opinion increases your effectiveness.
I disagree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions