Boy dies from headlock. Are you prepared?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
no assumption.

Remember will geer, the guns of will sonnett?

no brag. Just fact :lfao:......wait a minute, that was 1967-maybe you don't remember....anyway

that incident at jones beach theater, where i popped the guy in the chest? I'd been spending a lot of time slapping pavers-gotten to the point where i could slap five of them stood on end and break them. Not a "stack," five pavers standing on end against each other like books on a bookshelf. Not a hammerfist, an open palm strike.....like the one i hit that guy with.

I didn't crack his chest, i reckon-though i'm sure he had a wicked bruise, come morning-because he was off-balance from drinking, and somewhat relaxed...probably thought it was okay to grope my wife, and wasn't tense about that at all.....but i hit him with enough force to send him over three rows of seats....i hit him like i'd been hitting those pavers, with maybe a little extra trunk rotation thrown in for good measure.

lucky i didn't kill him....

I did it once on accident to a partner who forgot to tap. The only thing i did different was the continuation of applied pressure instead of releasing. Hence why we tap quickly, and tap often. If you have it 80% of the way, you're going to have it at 100% eventually.

Again, you're comparing hitting something with hitting nothing. If you can punch a hole into concrete, then yeah, I'm going to guess that you have a strong punch. However, if you're punching air all day and not hitting anything, there's no way to gauge the force of your strikes.

OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So you train effectively and SAFELY. Huh just like I do when I train strikes to sensitive places or do throws on Matts and not concrete. Or train with simunitions instead of live rounds.

There's a big difference between submitting someone with an armbar, and pulling a punch before you hit someone in the throat.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Again, you're comparing hitting something with hitting nothing. If you can punch a hole into concrete, then yeah, I'm going to guess that you have a strong punch. However, if you're punching air all day and not hitting anything, there's no way to gauge the force of your strikes.
You keep assuming people only train one way. I punch pads,air, makiwara,a cinder bock wall, other people, even a half a pig once to show ribs breaking, the red man suit, the Bob punching dummy. I have many methods of training. Not just shadow boxing

OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Says reality. When you submit to someone you're surrendering to them, and acknowledging the success of their technique. You also admit that there was no way for you to escape with anything other than a break.

When you pull punches, you're not making contact. You never really know if you could have hurt or even hit your target or not. You don't make adjustments for size, weight, or height, because you're not actually hitting anything.

OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You keep assuming people only train one way. I punch pads,air, makiwara,a cinder bock wall, other people, even a half a pig once to show ribs breaking, the red man suit, the Bob punching dummy. I have many methods of training. Not just shadow boxing

You keep assuming that you began this conversation. This is a continuous response to post #81. I conversation you decided to jump into.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Says reality. When you submit to someone you're surrendering to them, and acknowledging the success of their technique. You also admit that there was no way for you to escape with anything other than a break.
Or they were bored, or you stink, or they Hear their mom calling, or they feel bad for you or...............

When you pull punches, you're not making contact. You never really know if you could have hurt or even hit your target or not. You don't make adjustments for size, weight, or height, because you're not actually hitting anything.
Naa I'm smart enough to know if I would have made contact or not. And I'm confident enough to know the outcome of said punch. I also train with people of all different shapes sizes heights and weights so.......perhaps your dojo just doesn't know how to train striking properly it doesn't mean all dojos don't know how

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You keep assuming that you began this conversation. This is a continuous response to post #81. I conversation you decided to jump into.

And your assuming non-contact means they never use other training methods.

OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Or they were bored, or you stink, or they Hear their mom calling, or they feel bad for you or...............

Uh okay. :uhoh:

Naa I'm smart enough to know if I would have made contact or not. And I'm confident enough to know the outcome of said punch. I also train with people of all different shapes sizes heights and weights so.......

Unfortunately, you're simply making more assumptions. The only way to know for sure is making actual contact with maximum force.

But hey, at least you're confident. :lol:

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Uh okay. :uhoh:
Ummm ok? People tap for all kinds of reasons

Unfortunately, you're simply more assumptions. The only way to know for sure is making actual contact with maximum force.

But hey, at least you're confident. :lol:
And so do you since you dont actually break any ones arm or choke them to death

Last edited by a moderator:

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Administrator's note:

Thread closed, pending staff review.

-Ronald Shin
-MT Assistant Administrator