Behold, Dwarves

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I posted a link to the pic on my facebook. One of my short friends commented that it is only bad *** if you're a midget. I said: "Lucky for you"

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The poster is incomplete... no hobbit, to give the dwarves a better perspective of their size. True, the focus is on the 13 for the poster, yet I'd like to see all together in a portrait like that.
All the dwarves look like not a good idea to get on their bad-side. But given the written nature of the characters they'll fall over themselves, and each other trying to kill you. Yet they were one of the winners in the battle of 5 armies (THAT scene I'm looking forward to as well as a certain Dragon)... curious have they cast the voice? Connery perhaps, though he's done dragons before ... his voice, well, ya'll know what I mean ... (most of ya'll anyway :asian: ).

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Is it me, or does Thorin have a somewhat Klingon appearance?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thorin was supposed to be the oldest and have a greybeard. I also hear that they are inserting characters like Galadriel, Legolas and Frodo into the story.....Jackson.

There are also far too many fancy weapons there. Where are the Axes?

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Thorin was supposed to be the oldest and have a greybeard. I also hear that they are inserting characters like Galadriel, Legolas and Frodo into the story.....Jackson.

There are also far too many fancy weapons there. Where are the Axes?
It has been a few years, but, I don't remember Kili being an archer.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

HammockRider

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The poster is incomplete... no hobbit, to give the dwarves a better perspective of their size. True, the focus is on the 13 for the poster, yet I'd like to see all together in a portrait like that.
All the dwarves look like not a good idea to get on their bad-side. But given the written nature of the characters they'll fall over themselves, and each other trying to kill you. Yet they were one of the winners in the battle of 5 armies (THAT scene I'm looking forward to as well as a certain Dragon)... curious have they cast the voice? Connery perhaps, though he's done dragons before ... his voice, well, ya'll know what I mean ... (most of ya'll anyway :asian: ).

Connery would be a great idea! I know Richard Boone did the voice of Smaug in the cartoon from the 70's. Ancient, powerful, menacing, I thought his performance was the best thing about that movie.

The IMDB says that Smaug's voice will be played by Benedict Cumberbatch. He plays Sherlock Holmes in Sherlock, a BBCseries.( It's pretty good.) Overall the cast looks stellar.

Last edited:

MaxiMe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Connery would be a great idea! I know Richard Boone did the voice of Smaug in the cartoon from the 70's. Ancient, powerful, menacing, I thought his performance was the best thing about that movie.

The IMDB says that Smaug's voice will be played by Benedict Cumberbatch. He plays Sherlock Holmes in Sherlock, a BBCseries.( It's pretty good.) Overall the cast looks stellar.

What came first the Thorin or the Worf?

Cool pic any way. Thanks.
Now bring on the Dragon!

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I read a rumor awhile back it was going to be Tom Waits… and to be honest I was not sure what to think about that...
You could go the other way with it, have someone that sounds like Pokey (Gumby's friend) but, menacing...