Attach personal picture with our post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When Jewish group hunt down Nazis, will you call that racism?

Do you know what Japanese soldiers did to Chinese people during WWII?

Just Google "Nanking massacre", you will see all the image pictures of what had happened.
It would be racist for a jewish person to refuse to serve/teach/employ someone just because they are german.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think it's amazing how quickly this thread went from "nobody who trains martial arts is a bad person" to the very same person making racist comments against multiple groups.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
As a restaurant owner has right to serve the customers that he wants to serve, A MA teacher also has right to teach the kind of students that he wants to teach.

In all my teacher's life, he refused to teach Japanese because during WWII, Japanese dropped bomb and killed his family members. The Japanese TV station invited him and offered him a lot of money. He still refused to go. He had traveled all over the world except Japan.

There is no right or wrong, but personal choice.
So your teachers a racist then?

And no actually a restaurant owner can't just turn away people because he feels like it....unless there's a reason to turn them away such as previous bad behaviour. But what you're saying is like how restaurant owners used to turn away people for being black.

I've lost a hell of respect for you now for the way you've been talking

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score

Just Google "Nanking massacre", you will see all the image pictures of what had happened.
Yeah...but that's not all Japanese people is it.....yeah refuse to teach those soldiers but most had absolutely nothing to do with any of that so yes that attitude is racist and discrimination....sugar coat however you like it's still racist and you're not doing anything to disprove my cult theory

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score

I'll call that murder.....and you're not saying just Japanese soldiers during that period, you're saying all Japanese people so yes that is extremely racist

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think it's amazing how quickly this thread went from "nobody who trains martial arts is a bad person" to the very same person making racist comments against multiple groups.
Seems like wangs instructor certainly qualifies as a bad person.

Racist against Japanese people and has his head so far up his own butt that he refuses to associate with anyone who doesn't train martial arts....and brainwashing people to also believe that garbage....

@Kung Fu Wang your instructors name isn't John Kreese is it?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think everybody should calm the F down. Ya, you and you and you and you and me and everybody else.

We are in a time when NOTHING in life, not a God damn thing, is what it usually is. And if you think you’re immune to this shift in life then you’re even stupider than I am.

And what are we all passionate about?

Martial Arts, that’s what. Riding passion because we love what we do can be counter productive to the important things in life, like survival, growth and in your honest love for fighting arts.

And I use the word “love” purposely.

Go ahead, deny it, I dare you.
I f’king Double Dog Dare you.

Feeling strong, fellas? Then chill the F out and relax.

Last edited:

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It would be racist for a jewish person to refuse to serve/teach/employ someone just because they are german.
theres a significant difference between religion, race and nation and country of birth. that makes that far from a universally true statement

it would most definitely be discrimination, but not always or even mostly discrimination based on racism and in this country at least lots of situation where any of those qualities could be a requirement and thus subject to positive discrimination and thus be encouraged as a requirement of the job or reviving a service

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 39746

I'm not sure what the big deal is. Our names used to all be published in something called a phone book. By default your name, address, and phone number were publicly available. I can see maybe wanting to protect the contact information, but there's a happy medium.

Wasnt that opt in able? Didnt you have to opt into your phone being in a book, or opt out of it? Something doesnt seem right if a private company basically just stuck all your information in a book and sold it. (thats also where the term off the directory comes from im pretty sure, your number isnt on a directory)

I recall them dying off quite fast here or havent been as relivent here for as long as in the U.S.

Last edited by a moderator:

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Wasnt that opt in able? Didnt you have to opt into your phone being in a book, or opt out of it? Something doesnt seem right if a private company basically just stuck all your information in a book and sold it. (thats also where the term off the directory comes from im pretty sure, your number isnt on a directory)

I recall them dying off quite fast here or havent been as relivent here for as long as in the U.S.
in the uk we used to have to opt out, and the books were free

D

Deleted member 39746

The one thing i am going to put here, it depends how the law is written. Generally speaking they only legistalate PUBLIC things. Private clubs like MA arent exactly public. Well, greyzone pending who owns the land, if its ran out of a school you cant restrict who comes on school property for example, i think you could still restrict entrance. But it would be a greyzone. (if they specfically told you no, then you cant as it would be in breach of rental agreement especially if its signed)

All i know is english legistation is predominately concerned with public access for protected chracterstics, there are clauses and defences for stopping people in them being employed or attending private venues. The citations i have seen for examples were a non catholic working at a catholic school and a non muslim female working at a muslim abortion clinic. (on reflection the last one is weirdly specfic) That all i care to get into, some people down to who they are or what they belive are just not appropriate to be in some places. I dont mean it in a harsh way, but if we use muslim as a example, its cultrual for females to cover their faces (or more) in the presence of males, can you imagine running a gym where they all have to turn up in Burkas? Thats why saudi arabia does female only gyms.

And that is just a breif statement on it as its like a blurred line into politics. Fundementally i think we can agree, being exlcuded down to what you are sucks but it also sucks to be forced to include someone who you would rather not. (for what ever reason).

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Folks, this thread has taken a really odd turn. MT has a real name policy in The Rules, meaning that a real name is required to be provided at registration. That name DOES NOT have to be the person's username. For some of us, there are reasons to "hide" behind a username. Doxing is one... We've unfornately had incidents where somoen tracked down a user, and created professional problems for them. Others of us want that layer of anonymity so that we aren't seen as speaking for our employers, or our teachers. But, with all that, I don't quite see where the drift to racism snuck in over the transom...

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

At one time, you had to pay a fee to be unlisted.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's actually illegal in the USA.
"Right to Refuse Service" signs are legal. Refusing service based on race, color, religion, or national origin is not legal.

What Conditions Allow a Restaurant to Refuse Service?
There a number of legitimate reasons for a restaurant to refuse service, some of which include:

• Patrons who are unreasonably rowdy or causing trouble
  • Patrons that may overfill capacity if let in
  • Patrons who come in just before closing time or when the kitchen is closed
  • Patrons accompanied by large groups of non-customers looking to sit in
  • Patrons lacking adequate hygiene (e.g. excess dirt, extreme body odor, etc.)
In most cases, refusal of service is warranted where a customer’s presence in the restaurant detracts from the safety, welfare, and well-being of other patrons and the restaurant itself.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
At one time, you had to pay a fee to be unlisted.
i used to get cross at people who were X directory as having delusions of importance. and as i was commonly trying to contact them for something of at least mutual befit, even crosser that i was obliged to have to go to a load of trouble to contact them

when i was young and having two very attractive sisters we were plagued with a heavy breather or two ?. this caused considerable amusement and we were sorry when it stopped

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
i used to get cross at people who were X directory as having delusions of importance. and as i was commonly trying to contact them for something of at least mutual befit, even crosser that i was obliged to have to go to a load of trouble to contact them

when i was young and having two very attractive sisters we were plagued with a heavy breather or two ?. this caused considerable amusement and we were sorry when it stopped
Haha! That reminded me that we were on an 8 home party line when I was young. Each home had the same phone number but a different ring. It was hard to tell you were being listened to at times. The phone definitely had a more utilitarian purpose in those days. Short, non-personal and to the point conversations.

D

Deleted member 39746

Since we are on phones now, this is free and gives you legal protection from telemarketing companies TPS Online

this is probbly the modern rendition of the opt out sceme if there ever is one. (this is really somehting they should have taught in schools as plenty of people dont know anything about this)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
"Right to Refuse Service" signs are legal. Refusing service based on race, color, religion, or national origin is not legal.

What Conditions Allow a Restaurant to Refuse Service?
There a number of legitimate reasons for a restaurant to refuse service, some of which include:

• Patrons who are unreasonably rowdy or causing trouble
  • Patrons that may overfill capacity if let in
  • Patrons who come in just before closing time or when the kitchen is closed
  • Patrons accompanied by large groups of non-customers looking to sit in
  • Patrons lacking adequate hygiene (e.g. excess dirt, extreme body odor, etc.)
In most cases, refusal of service is warranted where a customer’s presence in the restaurant detracts from the safety, welfare, and well-being of other patrons and the restaurant itself.
A lot of folks don't understand that our country has always, overtly endorsed our freedom to discriminate however we choose, outside of some specific protected bases. So, sure, a business can refuse to serve people who have poor hygiene, but if every one of those people with poor hygiene happens to be a member of a protected race (e.g., black, hispanic, jewish, muslim, etc.), they risk losing a discrimination suit. This is especially true if they can demonstrate that other folks with poor hygiene not in that protected base were not refused service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions