Am I wrong here?

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by SRyuFighter
Wow now you are actually making me mad. It has nothing to do with maturity, if you were mature perhaps you would know that. My sensei was checking on her, it was obvious what happened. I said earlier I apologized. What do you want me to do Napalm send her to the doctor and get a report for knocking the wind out of her. I mean we go out now and we've of course talked about it. I assumed everyone would know that. I guess you have to spell it out for some people.

SRyuFighter,

I think that JN is having problems and is looking to pick a fight here or to vent steam just on the border of being warned or suspended, yet it pushes others over the top.

Just add him to your ignore list if he bothers you.

Have a nice Day
:)

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by arnisador
Please, keep the discussion polite and professional.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

Yes, Sir, I will, I apologize. :asian:

OP
J

JDenz

First RSK now these guys man this is becoming an angry place I keep waiting for a hockey game to break out.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by JDenz
First RSK now these guys man this is becoming an angry place I keep waiting for a hockey game to break out.

Hockey is a great game.

Any Game that has two blades a stick and fighting has to be cool! :D :rofl:

It is a FMA inside joke :cool:

OP
Q

Quick Sand

Hey,

Sounds to me like you've totally made the best of the situation. It was obviously an accident and the fact that you felt bad etc. also makes me respect you more. From the point of view of a female not a whole lot older then her, occasionally stuff happens. I've teared up a few times in sparring from accidental hits that just got me in the wrong place or between breaths etc. There are times when you physically can't help it. :(

Also from the point of view of a female, . . . . . you don't happen to have an older brother or anything in Canada do you???? :p

No seriously, you sound like a really nice, MATURE, guy and I hope things go well with this girl. :D :cool:

OP
S

SRyuFighter

Originally posted by Quick Sand
Hey,

Sounds to me like you've totally made the best of the situation. It was obviously an accident and the fact that you felt bad etc. also makes me respect you more. From the point of view of a female not a whole lot older then her, occasionally stuff happens. I've teared up a few times in sparring from accidental hits that just got me in the wrong place or between breaths etc. There are times when you physically can't help it. :(

Also from the point of view of a female, . . . . . you don't happen to have an older brother or anything in Canada do you???? :p

No seriously, you sound like a really nice, MATURE, guy and I hope things go well with this girl. :D :cool:

Thank You very much! And actually I do have a brother in Canada...lol.

OP
S

SRyuFighter

Originally posted by arnisador
Please, keep the discussion polite and professional.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

Yes sorry about that but It got rather old. I will keep it more polite in the future.

OP
I

Infight

Originally posted by SRyuFighter
Tonight in class my sensei asked us to spar full contact with gloves on. I began a fight with a 2nd degree black belt, whom is a girl that is one year older than myself. She has been taking Karate for 10 years. Anyway we begin sparring and she is bashing my face in. I mean she's drilling me but it's more of an annoying hit, not really one that hurts. So then I take a step back and I see that she is coming in for a kick ( or so I thought) so I raise my knee to block and she puts her foot down and comes in for a punch I (being much taller and bigger than her) hit her in the stomach with my knee. And she takes a step back and starts crying. I just kind of stand there stunned until my sensei walks over to me and asks what happened. I tell him what happened and he makes me bow out and go sit down. Was I am in the wrong to knee her so hard, or should she just learn to take it? Any and all thoughts are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Chad

You coward! How dare you hurt a girl! Fight like a man, no matter the reasons, you shouldnt have hurted that girl, cause no matter what she does it will not hurt you, so there is no need to knee her or anything else, ever you fight a girl you should take easy!

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think your being a little harsh. In martial arts, people sometimes get hurt, and accidents happend. The harder you train, the more likely an accident will occur. If a woman decides to get the gear on and spar, or fight, she must realize the chance that she could get hurt. If the guy is stronger, or more experienced, of course he should take it easy, but not sooooo easy that the woman doesn't gain anything from her training. Remember, the woman probably came to learn a martial art so she can defend herself AGAINST attackers who may be larger and stronger then she (and quite frankly, male). If she is willing to get in a ring and fight a guy, then she probably doesn't want (and SHOULDN"T want) the guy to patty-cake around with her. She wants some realism to benifit her in case she is attacked for real.

Finding the balance between realism and control can be difficult sometimes, and the less experience you have the more difficult it becomes. That's why sparring beginners can be the worst, because they don't have any control at all. When I read SRyuFighter's explaination, I don't think he ment to hurt her on purpose, but accidents happend. I don't think we should be so hard on him for it, if you ask me. She wasn't perminantly injured, and she is probably a better person for it now. That's how lessons are learned, and how tenacity is built.

:cool:

OP
J

Jill666

Originally posted by Infight
You coward! How dare you hurt a girl! Fight like a man, no matter the reasons, you shouldnt have hurted that girl, cause no matter what she does it will not hurt you, so there is no need to knee her or anything else, ever you fight a girl you should take easy!

Well it seems your name says it all- it's good to know that the "dick of the week" award does not need to go unclaimed.

You have either not read through the whole thread or you don't care. At least I hope that's the case. Because if not, you have just spouted the most macho, bull$h!t drivel I've heard in a long time. (Paul expressed it better, and certainly more politely.) But really- I hope you don't underestimate everyone the way you do women because if you do, I don't see you living to age 30.

OP
S

SRyuFighter

Infight it was an accident also. You probably didn't read everything and that's ok. But I didnt mean to hurt her, it simply happened.

OP
S

Shinzu

in every contact "sport" there is always a chance of someone getting injured. you either take that chance or sit you a$$ on the bench. it's your decision.

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
Gee. I lost track of this thread a while ago. *sigh*. This whole thing is totally stupid. People get hit accidentally in MA training. So what's the big deal? Why cried in the first place? Why made this thread in the first place? Unless you are a moron, you wouldn't have hit her purposefully. So? Of course you would feel bad. Naturally, reasonable people would deal with it on the spot and resolve the issue, if any at all. When I first asked the question, it was b/c the whole thing sounded so trivial and silly that it is so unreal. Oh well.... Can't believe I am wasting my Sunday afternoon posting about it.

Zepp

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The woods of Marin County, California, USA
Just read this thread.

SRyuFighter,
You sir, are the mother-f!!!ing man! You kicked her *** without even meaning to, and then dated her?
We're not worthy. :asian:

(Though the way this thread seems to be going, I wouldn't blame you if you've already stopped reading it.)

OP
S

SRyuFighter

Originally posted by Zepp
Just read this thread.

SRyuFighter,
You sir, are the mother-f!!!ing man! You kicked her *** without even meaning to, and then dated her?
We're not worthy. :asian:

(Though the way this thread seems to be going, I wouldn't blame you if you've already stopped reading it.)

Why thanks Zepp! I'm still here, i'm just going to ignore certain posts and reply to others.

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zepp
You kicked her *** without even meaning to, and then dated her?

Here in Australia, to go on a date with someone is a good thing, as it is there in the US.
But to 'DATE' someone is not a good thing....
How can I put this politely?
To be dated is to be struck(the weapon is no important), in the, um, you know, um, the butt hole!
Isn't it funny how translations change across a bit of water....
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
--Dave
:rofl:

OP
L

lonekimono

There is a saying

"move like lighting,hit like thunder"

:D

yours in kenpo

George(lonekimono) Elmer

Latest Discussions