Am I wrong here?

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chronuss
not my type...hell, not even the right gender.

Easy Tiger, it was just a joke.....

--Dave

OP
S

Shinzu

i think that when you spar at all you take a risk of being injured. there is always that possibility. you need to take your lumps.

bdparsons

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm struck by two items that have come up in this discussion.

One, I have no problem with full contact sparring, but I'm surprised that the head instructor was not supervising the match directly. I know you mentioned that your opponent was a black belt, I take it from that fact being mentioned that you are not? The fact that your instructor had to come over and ask what happened disturbs me. The instructor should have been right on top of the situation. If that means only one full contact match at a time, so be it.

Two, someone tried to make you feel better by telling you it was an accident. Didn't sound like one to me. You said it was FULL CONTACT, wasn't it? Sounded to me like a good clean technique, from my point of view you've got nothing to be sorry for. It's all about creating openings or taking advantage of openings your opponent creates, intentionally or unintentionally. Remember what you're there for. If a person steps into a full contact match they've got to be willing to give AND take.

Don't beat youself up over it.

Respects,
Bill Parsons

OP
S

SRyuFighter

No I am not a Black Belt. I guess my instructor thought that she could handle the situatioin. There were two matches going on. I assume he was watching that one at the time.

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
BTW, IS this for real? I doubt any 18 yr old girl who is a 2nd degree BB would cry after being kneed at the stomach. Afterall, being a BB, she must have been struck many many times already, and must have lost fights, and even got unfairly struck before.

I find this story fishy.

What kind of BB your school is producing, if this is true?

And what the heck she was crying about? Made no sense whatsoever. If anything, any 18 year old girl would throw it right back at you 2X harder.

OP
S

SRyuFighter

Originally posted by Johnathan Napalm
BTW, IS this for real? I doubt any 18 yr old girl who is a 2nd degree BB would cry after being kneed at the stomach. Afterall, being a BB, she must have been struck many many times already, and must have lost fights, and even got unfairly struck before.

I find this story fishy.

What kind of BB your school is producing, if this is true?

And what the heck she was crying about? Made no sense whatsoever. If anything, any 18 year old girl would throw it right back at you 2X harder.

Yes it's for real! I take offense to someone calling me a liar. I knocked the wind out of her. Plain and simple. I don't quite know why she was crying, as I'm not her.

OP
R

Rob_Broad

Originally posted by SRyuFighter
Thanks, I actually tried the flower thing a nd now were going out on Friday. Haha, it's funny how things work out thanks for all the helpful comments.

Chad

Thats almost the same way I met my wife. She walked in to a kick, it must have really stunned her because she ended up with me.

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes it's for real! I take offense to someone calling me a liar. I knocked the wind out of her. Plain and simple. I don't quite know why she was crying, as I'm not her.

Oh c'mon. This is the internet. People are often dramatic in story telling. I am not calling any one a liar. One would need proof in order to make that accusation. I just find a lot of loose ends in the story.

What I know is, most 18 yr old would NOT cry. They will get right back at you and MAKE YOU CRY instead!

How come you didn't bother to go ask her why she cried? The first thing anyone would do, would rush to her side to see what was wrong. Wouldn't you be concerned if she was injured? I know I would. I would drop everything to rush to help her. Afterall, she is your fellow training partner, not some punk you kicked.

She is a 2nd degree BB. Now if she got hurt, she might shed a few tears, as most would. But bout her eyes out? Unusual, wouldn't you say?

OP
S

SRyuFighter

When I embellish my stories they are way off the wall. She cried, I didn't say she started bawling or anything. Tears were shed and she stood there in obvious pain for a minute. I didnt go to her because my sensei told me to bow out and go sit down. And yes Jonathan 18 year olds DO CRY. Obviousily, Just because your a black belt doesnt make you invincible. Skilled? Yes. But you can stll get the wind knocked out of you.

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks, I actually tried the flower thing a nd now were going out on Friday. Haha, it's funny how things work out thanks for all the helpful comments.

Chad

quick...contact Kaith and have him change your username to RyuRiccoSuave....

OP
J

JDenz

Good thing it wsn't me I would have cracked her with a stick nd laughed at her.

OP
J

JDenz

For some of you more sensitive types out there that was a joke. I wouldn't feel bad at all If I were you. Would you feel bad if it was a guy. If a women wants to be treated like an equal treat them like an equal.

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
So she shedded a few tears. Big deal. You made it sounded like she was crying her eyes out. Sheeze!

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So she shedded a few tears. Big deal. You made it sounded like she was crying her eyes out. Sheeze!

Actually, the only reference to crying in the original post was:

And she takes a step back and starts crying.

Doesn't look like he implied she was 'crying her eyes out' to me.

Cthulhu

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
If it was me, I would definitely find out what happened to my training partner, even if I was not the one who hurt her or him.

OP
S

SRyuFighter

What are you trying to do her Jonathan?

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
What are you trying to do her Jonathan?

Just how do you treat people you train with? :rolleyes:

Too much to expect from a teenager, I suppose.

OP
S

SRyuFighter

Just how do you treat people you train with? :rolleyes:

Too much to expect from a teenager, I suppose.

I treat them with respect. But when my Sensei is there a split second after the event and tells me to bow out and go sit down. I'm not going to tell him no and go check on her. I don't think being a teenager has anything to do with it. That is a very immature outlook, you can't justify your whims by saying oh well he's a teenager.