Am I wrong here?

OP
S

SRyuFighter

I'm with you Paul I also love fighting but I hate hurting people. Especially women, I also love women and it is very ****** to hurt one when trying to have a good time and improve skills.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey, does anyone else see the wrongness of kicking someone's *** and then going out on a date with her?

:D

Cthulhu

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I hate to sound mean, but if you start crying after taking a hit during sparring after years spent studying the same art, you haven't been paying attention.

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm sorry. I really don't want to sound like a jerk. It's just... I keep thinking about that scene in that baseball movie with Tom Hanks and Geena Davis, where Tom Hanks says, "There's no crying in baseball!" I don't know the parties involved and shouldn't have shot off my mouth; sometimes my tendency towards sardonic one-liners gets the better of me.

OP
S

SRyuFighter

Hah well I was the other party involved. And don't apologize for voicing your opinion Phil. In her defense she is a good fighter, I just got her that time. We normally have great sparring matches. It was just one of those things. I was surprised when she cried though.

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by SRyuFighter
Hah well I was the other party involved. And don't apologize for voicing your opinion Phil. In her defense she is a good fighter, I just got her that time. We normally have great sparring matches. It was just one of those things. I was surprised when she cried though.

This situation reminds me of that T-Shirt........xxxt Happens.

How did the date go by the way?

OP
T

TkdWarrior

man how many times u can give a good beating then a date??
cool man :asian:
-TkdWarrior-

OP
S

SRyuFighter

The date went well. Were gonna go out next week also.

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RyuShiKan
Is that anything like target fixation?

Yes it is....

White dot focus could be compared to tunnel vision, whereas black dot focus is similar to using peripheral vision, and you can actually see all that is going on.

--Dave

:asian:

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SRyuFighter
Tonight in class my sensei asked us to spar full contact with gloves on. I began a fight with a 2nd degree black belt, whom is a girl that is one year older than myself. She has been taking Karate for 10 years. Anyway we begin sparring and she is bashing my face in. I mean she's drilling me but it's more of an annoying hit, not really one that hurts. So then I take a step back and I see that she is coming in for a kick ( or so I thought) so I raise my knee to block and she puts her foot down and comes in for a punch I (being much taller and bigger than her) hit her in the stomach with my knee. And she takes a step back and starts crying. I just kind of stand there stunned until my sensei walks over to me and asks what happened. I tell him what happened and he makes me bow out and go sit down. Was I am in the wrong to knee her so hard, or should she just learn to take it? Any and all thoughts are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Chad

Bowing out when someone gets hurt is normal. I actually had an instructor tell me to hit a girl that was a bit cocky.

When I first started training under my brother-in-law, I went to a TKD school on the side 2 days a week for 6 months to get my legs loosened up. The TKD instructor was also a Kenpo instructor and I had a a lot of Kajukenbo experience and he like to spend time with me showing me the differances in the arts. Any way he had already noticed that I had good hands in sparring and I was using mostly my hands because my legs were tight. I was wearing a white belt and this lady was wearing a green belt and she kept telling me to hit her.

The instructor looked at me and said "give it to her!"

Thats not my style, I sparred as normal. There was nothing to prove, but I'm sure he had his reasons for wanting her to get it.

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
I had an experience like this happen to me just on tuesday. myself and a friend of mine were sparring, he's an advanced green belt in AK, and the round JUST started. two seconds into it he came at me with a good combo that ended with an inside out crescent that I just barely dodged. granted, he's usually very docile and we have to get him riled up to get him to go at it...not this time. after the crescent, I complimented him, telling him good, keep it up. just after I said it, he was winding up for another and just as he did, he raised his hands and I planted a front kick right in his gut as he was charging in. after it planted, I said "Bad" as a joke. I didn't realize that it had hit him that hard. he startes wheezing and his eyes started to water. I believe I hit him in the lower part of his diaphragm and got in between breaths which was why he couldn't get his breathing under control. I told him to raise his arms up and take some shallow breaths and while he did that, I took his head gear off. just like everyone else has said, accidents and ***** happens. that's why we're friends and we can joke about it later and brush it off...or ask the person to go out on a date. ;)

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chronuss
I had an experience like this happen to me just on tuesday. myself and a friend of mine were sparring, he's an advanced green belt in AK, and the round JUST started. two seconds into it he came at me with a good combo that ended with an inside out crescent that I just barely dodged. granted, he's usually very docile and we have to get him riled up to get him to go at it...not this time. after the crescent, I complimented him, telling him good, keep it up. just after I said it, he was winding up for another and just as he did, he raised his hands and I planted a front kick right in his gut as he was charging in. after it planted, I said "Bad" as a joke. I didn't realize that it had hit him that hard. he startes wheezing and his eyes started to water. I believe I hit him in the lower part of his diaphragm and got in between breaths which was why he couldn't get his breathing under control. I told him to raise his arms up and take some shallow breaths and while he did that, I took his head gear off. just like everyone else has said, accidents and ***** happens. that's why we're friends and we can joke about it later and brush it off...or ask the person to go out on a date. ;)

So what did he say when you asked him on the date?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
--Dave

:D

OP
S

SRyuFighter

Chronuss where are you in West Virginia?

Latest Discussions