8th Degree Promotion. Is this a Joke?

Discussion in 'Modern Arnis' started by Kenpo viking, Aug 12, 2003.

1. ricthedic

ricthedic White Belt

I WISH ALL TEACHERS,MASTERS,GUROS,SHIHANS,SIFUS WHAT EVER HIGH RANK YOU ARE GET TOGETHER AS ONE ORGANIZED SANCTIONED BODY MAKE EVERY ONE PROVE THEIR INDIVIDUAL WORTH IN THE WORLD OF MARTIAL-ARTS THEN WE WOULDNT HAVE ALL THIS NONSENSE ABOUT WHOS REAL AND WHOS NOT. THERE ARE SO MANY WHO SHOULDNT TEACH YET THEY DO! IM THREE YEARS NEW TO THE ARTS BUT HAVE SEEN SO MUCH IN THE PHILIPPINES,CHINA,JAMAICA,USA IVE PERSONALLY BEEN THERE ITS ALL THE SAME EGO,FAME,FORTUNE WHAT HAPPEN TO THE ART I STILL BELIEVE ITS THERE PLEASE GO BACK TO WHERE YOU STARTED THINK THOSE PURE THOUGHTS OF UNITY,HONESTY,LOYALTY,FREINDSHIP,COMRODEREE THATS MORE IMPORTANT THAN RANK,MONEY,FAME ALL THOSE COME TO THE GOOD AND IF THEY DONT OH WELL YOU DONT NEED THEM SOMEONE ELSE DOES JUST KEEP TRAINING AND HELP YOUR FELLOW MAN ITS BETTER TO GIVE THAN RECEIVE. RICK ARGENTI-BROWN BELT

• Like Like x 2
  2. KenpoSterre

KenpoSterre Purple Belt

please don't use all caps. Its considered yelling, is hard to read, and rude.

• Like Like x 1
  3. KenpoSterre

KenpoSterre Purple Belt

but you have some very good points there.

4. Dan Anderson

Dan Anderson Master of Arts

Rick,

Have you read the thread about the Worldwide Brotherhood of Modern Arnis. This is what we are trying to do.

Yours,
    Dan Anderson

5. Darkmoon

Darkmoon Orange Belt

I am surprised every time people bring up belt rank and not ability or knowledge on a subject. After reading a good number of the posts... they remind me of kids yelling at each other on the playground over whose bike is better when they are odiously equal. Dan is great leave him be. Thanks to Paul and Rich.

6. Dan Anderson

Dan Anderson Master of Arts

Hi Dark,

Thanks. In all fairness to Rick, he's new on the site and probably hasn't had the time to read ALL the posts, positive and negative, to get a balanced view. From what I've read, he's got a good heart.

Yours,
    Dan Anderson

PS - Ahhhhhh, Rich and Paul have played a part in my development. It's up to history to decide whether it's been good or bad. (lol) Actually, Rich and Paul are good eggs.

7. Cruentus

Cruentus Grandmaster

And sometimes we smell like eggs too! ;)

8. Art M.

Art M. White Belt

Rank is just paper. See how they are on the mat and how they carry themselves outside the dojo? That is the real test...imo