9th Degree Black Belt Promotion

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hi All,

This has nothing to do with Modern Arnis but this last weekend, I took the test and was promoted to 9th Degree Black Belt in karate. The test was in Houston, Texas at an event called The Gathering. In addition I was also awarded a 9th Degree Black Belt by the American Karate Black Belt Assn, which is the oldest karate organization in Texas and headed by Allen Steen. I don't know how to upload pictures on this otherwise I would upload a great picture of me with blood on my gi. Yep, that's Texas.

Yours,
Dan Anderson

OP
Dan Anderson

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. There are pictures up on Facebook. I just need to figure out (Hey, Bob!) how to do it on this site.

DA

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations. :bow:

To post pictures, click on the "Go Advanced" button at the bottom of the reply screen. Then click on "Manage Attachments", which will open a popup window. If your browser blocks the popup, it won't work, so be sure you're allowing popups from MT. Then click on the "Browse" button, find the picture you want to upload and open it. Repeat for other pictures. Then click the "Upload" button and wait for as long as it takes for them to upload. The bigger they are....

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Awesome. Congrats!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations. :bow:

To post pictures, click on the "Go Advanced" button at the bottom of the reply screen. Then click on "Manage Attachments", which will open a popup window. If your browser blocks the popup, it won't work, so be sure you're allowing popups from MT. Then click on the "Browse" button, find the picture you want to upload and open it. Repeat for other pictures. Then click the "Upload" button and wait for as long as it takes for them to upload. The bigger they are....

He'll have to be a Supporting Member first ;)

Congratulations Dan!!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats Dan !!!!

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Congratulations!

What is a 9th degree blackbelt test like?

I'm also interesting to know that too. The association that I'm in, we have only test up to the 4th degree. the higher ranks are not by testing but by contributation to the art such as demonstration, workshop, team coach, DVD or book publishing, ... I assume that whoever tested you must be 10th degree. Since most system may have only one 10th degree., it makes the 9th degree testing very rare. I would love to know more about your testing if you don't mind to share.

Latest Discussions