81 years for weed?

Discussion in 'The Study' started by Carol, Apr 16, 2013.

1. ballen0351

ballen0351 Sr. Grandmaster

Lots of things "revered" by ancient society are illegal and just wrong today. And I don't care what they do in South America I don't live there and have no control over their laws. I do care about what happens in South County here and I do have control over it. There are things we as a society today think are wrong and LSD dens downtown are one of them.

2. granfire

granfire Sr. Grandmaster

as if the controlled environment is the goal...
    The stuff was legal. It turned out bad for society, that's why it became illegal.
    Thy know it screwed with the synapses, they are not sure how far the damage with weed goes.

3. Makalakumu

Makalakumu Gonzo Karate Apocalypse

• MartialTalk Mentor
    It's not that simple. Lots of drugs were made illegal for political reasons. LSD was part of a counter culture that was resisting the Vietnam war. Marijuana was made illegal because hemp could put the paper industry out of business. Both of these drugs marginally affect your long term health. There are other, far more dangerous, drugs.

4. Blade96

Blade96 Senior Master

I think that is atrocious. 81 years for a little bit of a plant. Thats more time that the Steubenville rapists would get.123