OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well if I remember correctly the penalty for selling 10 grams or more of LSD is min 10 yes max life in prison. Under 10 grams not less then 5 us not more then 40.
So depending on how much and how many times he's charged with it. If I buy 1 gram from you on 2 different days my max charges would be 80 years.
Now for the exact same sentences you would need 100 kilos of marijuana for the 5 to 40 yes. For the 10 to life you would need more then 1000 kilos.

Now I might be off a little because I don't have the sentence guidelines in front of me I'm going off memory. I can look up actual numbers later.

No worries about actual numbers -- to show the difference between buying 1 gram of LSD on two different days vs buying 100 kilos of marijuana shows a lot, even if its approximated. Thanks :asian:

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
are they still weighing the paper as part of the LSD?

They consider 1 hit to be .5 grams. But I honestly have never worked an LSD case so I don't know much about it I have only even seen it 2 or 3 times.vvits just not popular here. PCP is the drug of choice to see cool stuff and start humping trees. We have a ton of that here.

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
According to some folks at the trial, a "lab geek" testified the substance was 2C-I, and not LSD. The Book of All Knowledge says 2C-I was banned in June 2012, Rich was arrested in May 2012.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2C-I

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
According to some folks at the trial, another "lab geek" said the substance was...something not favorable to Rich's case. I don't know what it was, whether it was LSD (who the hell is making real LSD nowadays???) or whether it was a "designer drug" analogue that was just as illegal.

The jury has returned a verdict of guilty on all counts. Sentencing will be at a later date.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
According to some folks at the trial, another "lab geek" said the substance was...something not favorable to Rich's case. I don't know what it was, whether it was LSD (who the hell is making real LSD nowadays???) or whether it was a "designer drug" analogue that was just as illegal.

The jury has returned a verdict of guilty on all counts. Sentencing will be at a later date.
Guess the jury believed the feds lab geek not his lab geek that it was LSD

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Guess the jury believed the feds lab geek not his lab geek that it was LSD

Sounds like it. Probably doesn't help that he was taped offering "acid" to the undercover op.

Drasken

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Sounds like it. Probably doesn't help that he was taped offering "acid" to the undercover op.

Eh, acid is a general umbrella term now. It involves several chemical compounds, not just LSD, but all do the same thing to varrying degrees and all very illegal.

Sorry to say that this guy was very stupid and obviously needs to be off the street. Considering he was selling harder drugs as well, I hope the pro marijuana groups are smart enough to not back this idiot. Would not help their cause at all. And since he s selling a compound, whether it was LSD or a similar knockoff compound, he knew what it was and he knows WHAT it does obviously.

I have little pitty for him. It's not like any of these charges are truely false or a misrepresentation of his crimes. Hope he has fun in prison. :/

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ol' Rich was sentenced today. As it turns out, he's not going to prison. Judge didn't think it would be appropriate.

6 years suspended, plus a year in county, plus a $650 fine.

With good behaviour, he'll be out in 9 months, then he says he wants to move to a medical cannabis state.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ol' Rich was sentenced today. As it turns out, he's not going to prison. Judge didn't think it would be appropriate.

6 years suspended, plus a year in county, plus a $650 fine.

With good behaviour, he'll be out in 9 months, then he says he wants to move to a medical cannabis state.

The usual....

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah let's pass it out a recess to teach kids about pretty colors

Because that's what is sure to happen, right?

Seriously, some drugs probably have no future if they are legalized. LSD does have a future. In a controlled environment, people would pay to trip safely. Artists, musicians, lots of creative people would be dropping acid in order to gain new perspectives on life.

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am not sure if he actually was convicted for the LSD, that wasn't LSD. As the trial concluded, someone tweeted that he was convicted on all charges. Some friends of mine put together a big gathering for lunch a short time after the trial an at the lunch were a couple of folks who attended the trial in person. They said that charges he was convicted on were all for pot. The "acid" chemical really was what Rich said it was -- a designer analogue that was not illegal at the time of his arrest (but was banned shortly after his arrest).

The focus of the trial was on marijuana...and quite a bit of it.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Because that's what is sure to happen, right?

Seriously, some drugs probably have no future if they are legalized. LSD does have a future. In a controlled environment, people would pay to trip safely. Artists, musicians, lots of creative people would be dropping acid in order to gain new perspectives on life.
Wow never had anyone try and tell me how LSD should be legal. You ever deal with a drug addict or have any in your family? ALOT of moms out there will strongly disagree with your ideas

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Wow never had anyone try and tell me how LSD should be legal. You ever deal with a drug addict or have any in your family? ALOT of moms out there will strongly disagree with your ideas

Back in the day before it was Illegal, my mom was given some by a doctor who thought that his nursing students should know what a psychotic episode was like.
I - personally - like the option to get off the roller coaster after a short time....or sooner....
There is a reason it was made illegal! And frankly, The Greatful Dead were not that great without acid!

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Psychadelic drugs were revered by ancient cultures. They played pivotal roles in ritual and allowed people to commune with their gods. A lot of mothers took drugs with their children in the past, fathers too.

There are even entire sects of Christianity in South America that take psychadelic drugs. And the drugs they take are more potent than LSD. Should their religions be made illegal?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Psychadelic drugs were revered by ancient cultures. They played pivotal roles in ritual and allowed people to commune with their gods. A lot of mothers took drugs with their children in the past, fathers too.

There are even entire sects of Christianity in South America that take psychadelic drugs. And the drugs they take are more potent than LSD. Should their religions be made illegal?

well, the Native Americans did not smoke just for the heck of it either...
And if Elder is correct, them places where those things are religiously employed, they are exempt from the local drug test....

we are talking about taking sh&t for the sake if taking it, not some religious experience!

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
well, the Native Americans did not smoke just for the heck of it either...
And if Elder is correct, them places where those things are religiously employed, they are exempt from the local drug test....

we are talking about taking sh&t for the sake if taking it, not some religious experience!

True, but it's an example of how these things can be used in a controlled environment. If a church can do it, so can other establishments.

Latest Discussions