67 yr old man uses his Bus-Fu to kick punks ***

xJOHNx

Purple Belt
Reaction score
It's not about whether walking away always works or not. It's about this situation and that walking away did work, except the old man couldn't keep his mouth shut, which had the opposite effect of escalating the situation.

Ah, yes could be! :)

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The return of Epic Beard Man:

This guy's all over the the intertubes now.

Last edited by a moderator:

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The return of Epic Beard Man:

This guy's all over the the intertubes now.
Hey, thanks for sharing, I now have a whole new outlook on this "old guy". It appears that there is a grumpy pissed off at the world old guy hiding inside a 40 yr olds body. I hope he makes it to 50, wait, I mean 70.
icon7.gif

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What a mother****in' lunatic!!

ETA: After watching Part 2, I'll edit this. Yes, he's unstable for sure. But it looks like he came by it honestly. In part 1 it was hard to separate fact from fiction, but I do believe that in his mind at least, he acted appropriately with the right motivations. Whatever the situation actually was.

I also found this interview with him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq4IYYQungM&NR=1

Last edited:

repz

Green Belt
Reaction score
What a mother****in' lunatic!!

ETA: After watching Part 2, I'll edit this. Yes, he's unstable for sure. But it looks like he came by it honestly. In part 1 it was hard to separate fact from fiction, but I do believe that in his mind at least, he acted appropriately with the right motivations. Whatever the situation actually was.

I also found this interview with him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq4IYYQungM&NR=1

Strange interview, at first i was like, "wow, awesome, dude took out a criminal", then he just started emotionally breaking down, then admitted he used to be a drug dealer and went to jail after nam. He also claimed he had him out for minutes and had a knife, which the video never showed.

Hes another interview from the side

Intervew by both the big white guy and the black guy. The black guy said he never showed him a knife, and he never stole anything and wasnt with the black girls who stole his stuff.

Flea

MT Mentor
Reaction score
All in all, I think entirely too much attention is being paid to this affair.

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I find the entire situation hilarious.
Old dude is mentally unstable, after watching both fight video versions, and the interviews... Oh BTW, a local radio station up there is tryin to push a rematch betwee the two as a smoker fight in a cage....

but ya both these guys are not normal, Mr. Leaky is a piece of crap who needs to be put down like a rabid animal, and Epic Beard man is going to be in the news again sooner then later for some problem.. Guaranteed.

the only real question is...
Who is Amber Lamps..... the lady with the earphones that everyone is posting love videos about ROFLMAO....
train wreck...
move over Numa Numa, Star Wars Kid, Obama Girl, and the rest... Epic Beard Man, Amber Lamps, Mr Leaky and the gang are all here....

repz

Green Belt
Reaction score
I find the entire situation hilarious.
Old dude is mentally unstable, after watching both fight video versions, and the interviews... Oh BTW, a local radio station up there is tryin to push a rematch betwee the two as a smoker fight in a cage....

but ya both these guys are not normal, Mr. Leaky is a piece of crap who needs to be put down like a rabid animal, and Epic Beard man is going to be in the news again sooner then later for some problem.. Guaranteed.

the only real question is...
Who is Amber Lamps..... the lady with the earphones that everyone is posting love videos about ROFLMAO....
train wreck...
move over Numa Numa, Star Wars Kid, Obama Girl, and the rest... Epic Beard Man, Amber Lamps, Mr Leaky and the gang are all here....

Yeah, she looks hot. Someone put a tribute video and wrote this about her... its kind of funny.

"Amber Lamps is the purple angel of public transit. She is neither intimidated nor amused by proximal violence.Her stoic looks and magic headphones protect her from physical harm and ethical ruminations. It is rumored that she is a solipsist, and therefore you are nothing but a part of her imagination."

Flea

MT Mentor
Reaction score
"Amber Lamps is the purple angel of public transit. She is neither intimidated nor amused by proximal violence.Her stoic looks and magic headphones protect her from physical harm and ethical ruminations. It is rumored that she is a solipsist, and therefore you are nothing but a part of her imagination."

Repz, I am SO plagiarizing that. :)

Haze

Blue Belt
Reaction score
You have a point, but context is important. He acted like an idiot in this situation, and that has nothing to do with what he may (or may not) have done decades before. Freedom of opportunity in this great land of ours shouldn't extend to freedom to act like that.

So we should just walk away from all situations and keep our mouths shut and be lambs that await the slaughter. Because of all the politically correct crap and the no tolerance crap in the schools our society has gotten to the point where there are those that will exploit the weak and those that will turn their backs and walk away. Sometimes you need to take a stand. The old man walked away and was still engaged in the verbal conflict. Should he have just sat down and kept his mouth shut like a good old man? Letting the crap of this world continue to crap on the rest of us?

I say NO.

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
So we should just walk away from all situations and keep our mouths shut and be lambs that await the slaughter. Because of all the politically correct crap and the no tolerance crap in the schools our society has gotten to the point where there are those that will exploit the weak and those that will turn their backs and walk away. Sometimes you need to take a stand. The old man walked away and was still engaged in the verbal conflict. Should he have just sat down and kept his mouth shut like a good old man? Letting the crap of this world continue to crap on the rest of us?

I say NO.
You apparently missed or ignored my previous response to your previous post of basically the same message. Walking away in a situation like this doesn't make people 'lambs that await the slaughter'. You can actually act like an adult, step away from an escalating situation, and still be aware, secure, and not be taken advantage of. Someone talking **** is not 'exploiting'. Yes, the old man should have sat down and shut up, confrontation was over until he said he was gonna 'smack the ****' out of the other guy. You stop the crap in this world by not contributing to it and by setting a better example. I know, not as satisfying as punching the **** out of any fool that bruises your ego, but you know grown folks take responsibility for their own actions first. If people who talk **** bother you so much that you want to respond like the old man did, then you need to look at how much of the 'crap of this world' you are contributing.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't care how biased this may sound, and how "green" mass-transportation is, but I would rather than walk than ride with the crowd that takes the bus.

These 2 are prime examples.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't care how biased this may sound, and how "green" mass-transportation is, but I would rather than walk than ride with the crowd that takes the bus.

Avoidance saves a lot of headaches. Save the rest for when you really need it.
icon7.gif

Flea

MT Mentor
Reaction score

Twice I've come very close to selling my car for economic reasons, and each time a crisis situation came along that would have made life impossible (in one case literally.) Lesson learned. I despise riding the bus, but my downtown location makes it easy for me to get things done by bicycle. I even trained my dog to ride in a bike trailer so I can get him to the park. :ultracool

I say NO.

Haze, I appreciate the sentiment but you may have misinterpreted my post. What I was saying is that veteran status is not a free pass for bad behavior. That statement isn't about the taking or not of crap, it's just the opposite. After all, the older man also escalated the situation even after returning to his seat - even if he didn't start it, he bore some responsibility for the violence. I have no argument with him striking back once the first punch was thrown, but veteran status does not and should not translate to "I can do whatever I want from my discharge on." Both sides bear responsibility in this fracas.

repz

Green Belt
Reaction score
No one knows who started what. The oldman wasnt so innocent, he broke down about his mom randomly in an interview, then started discussing things that never happened on the tape (like the attacker pulling a knife... like the guy being knocked out for 20 minutes???) if he lied about this, he could have lied about everything else. Which can include what started the fight, so for all we know he was a racist maniac that provoked the fight before the girl grabbed her camera to film.

Either way, it was a pool of garbage going on.

I take the bus to college, and i pass by bad neighborhoods all the time. Its like a bus of yells and laughs, it gets annoying. I always try to snatch a seat because i dont want to be surrounded by all that chaos, and i pick the seat close to the exits. When it comes to buses, each neighborhood has its elements, and the pace and atmosphere can change with each street block as people pack inside the bus. But i prefer buses to subways.

Haze

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Haze, I appreciate the sentiment but you may have misinterpreted my post. What I was saying is that veteran status is not a free pass for bad behavior. That statement isn't about the taking or not of crap, it's just the opposite. After all, the older man also escalated the situation even after returning to his seat - even if he didn't start it, he bore some responsibility for the violence. I have no argument with him striking back once the first punch was thrown, but veteran status does not and should not translate to "I can do whatever I want from my discharge on." Both sides bear responsibility in this fracas.

I did not mean tht his veteran status should give himthe right to be stupid or contribute to the problem,,,I meant that as one who may have fought for our freedom he may have reached a point at that time, on that bus, where he just had had enough and said "This is where I make my stand".

I'm glad that no one here seems to have reached that point in their life at any time but it does happen.

Right or wrong,,,it is a small altercation in a world filled with much bigger problems.

Peace :)

Flea

MT Mentor
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with the comment in the OP, I just really like it. It fits here.

[yt]Kk6Bi23Q7-E&feature[/yt]

Guardian

Black Belt
Reaction score
Based on seeing this kind of crap over and over in my life, I think I have some level of understanding of it. I don't know how the altercation started, since the person filming kind of picked it up after words had been thrown already.

However, both individuals were of a certain type. The type that will bluster and not generally fight. They talk trash, but almost always don't do anything about it.

With an audience, however, things change. Neither man could back down without losing face. The older white guy moved to the front of the bus, true, but he continued making statements loud enough to be heard about kicking the younger black guy's ***. The passengers nearest the young black guy egged him on, and he knew he was going to look weak if he didn't take action at that point. So he walked up front and took a swing. I'm sure he didn't expect to get beaten, and I'm sure the older white guy didn't think the younger black guy would come up and throw a punch at him. The entire event was calculated by both parties to let them run their mouths and not lose face by seeming to back down.

It's schoolyard 101. Two kids face off, and neither of them really wants to duke it out, but now that they've gotten themselves into this situation by tossing words around and attracted attention, it has to get physical or someone will lose face. Neither one of them mature enough to just let it go and to heck with losing face. Push me, shove you. Oh good Lord.

I know hindsight is 20/20, but if I put myself in the situation of the guy who walked up to the front of the bus, if it had been me, I'd have kept my mouth shut as the other guy threatened to kick my ***, even assuming it had gotten that far. Having taken a seat up front, I'd have kept my mouth shut. And there would have been no problem. Yeah, I'd be a 'chicken' and a 'coward', but I really don't care what random strangers on a bus think of me.

I have a couple of younger sisters who used to beat each other up regularly. It was like All-Star Wrestling in my parent's house. Both had mouths on them, and neither one would ever back down. It was always "I don't have to take that crap from her" and whammo. Neither one knew how to back down, neither one was capable of walking away. "I'm not going to let her get the last word," or "I'm not going to back down to that *****" was all I ever heard. From both of them. And I see it with these two doofuses on the bus. We're a nation of five-year-olds.

I told my sisters a long time ago, and it's still true: If someone says something nasty or threatening to you and you respond, you just got owned. They made you do something they wanted you to do. How's it feel to be a beyotch, because they just made you theirs?

I can't control what other people do. But I can control what I do. Words don't harm me in any way. If a person threatens me and I believe them, I may walk away, or I may begin defending myself at that moment, depending on whether or not I think I can walk away safely. But I'm not going to issue threats as I walk away and hope my ego will feel better and random strangers on a bus won't think I'm a coward.

Bill, while I see all your points as valid. I'n also seeing our society falling by the way side rapidly, because we have become a society of people willing to just ignore the bad and walk away or turn the other cheek and let the bad win out and give in and say who cares, someone else will take care of it. Now while I concur that the old man in this scenario mouthed off, he did walk away or went to the front of the bus when told to or to avoid further confrontation and the kid kept mouthing about shoving his foot up his butt while he was going and the old man (whether not wanting to lose face or just tired of young stupid punks pushing people around) was finally fed up with their mouths decided enough is enough.

He decided this punk was not going to get the better of him and took a stand and the punk didn't like it (obvious from his lady friends) mouth also mouthing him on also and he went to far and the old man gave him the whooping he deserved.

Just another view to look at, though I see your points as valid also.

Latest Discussions