Self defense Situation: 67 yr. old Vet vs. Young punk!

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
Hey all,
Review this incident and talk about what you think or feel about it.
http://www.youjotube.com/watch/bLQ3mXqAq_Y

I'll start:
1. Man asks for stop signal to be pressed for him and gets verbally attacked.
2. Young kid threatens a senior citizen with violence (F'n Disgusting on its own!)
3. Crowd verbally encourages punk to attack a senior citizen--again DISGUSTING!!!
4. Senior moves away to avoid trouble and gets pursued. (Legally acceptable and required for a SD situation. Just trapped on a bus, so can't leave completely.
5. Senior gets assaulted and reacts.
6. Senior gets thrown off the bus by the driver! (Awful!)

Good deserts given and head scratching, disgusting reactions by citizens. Is deviance the only culture known today and accepted?????

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
One should be aware when messing with old men, that you don't know what kind of a young man they were.

Something tells me that this ain't this old man's first rodeo, even the Vietnam Vet status aside.........i'm actually kind of surprised this idiot picked a fight with him......despite being an old man, he's still got the build of a big physical guy.......and i'm also not sure he's entirely right in the head.

Here's a more complete video (caution: Profanity).......... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf8ZDs-D8Ys&NR=1

I like how the girlfriend says she's got it on tape, and they can pursue charges......ahuh!

At any rate, he's NOT right in the head. ;)

Last edited:

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Some radio station actually tracked both of them down and has been trying to plan a rematch in a ring. The punk claims he was too drunk and sober he could take the old guy. Vietnam Tom says hed fight again too. Last i remember they were still trying to work out the details.

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
As much as I'm keen on wholesome bloodsports, deliberately trying to organise putting those two in a ring (for nothing more than the sick pleasure or amusement of watching it) is wacked.

Hard to tell from all the footage whether Tom had been goading the other guy but when he got up and moved off and the "drunk" fool followed him and tried a limp shove or strike, then I'm all for Tom's actions.

Not sure if this can be labelled a "self defence situation" though, it's just kind of a crazy circus show.

As for the next interview with the fool trying to explain his actions, that's just laughable.

Latest Discussions