10th degree

C

Chiduce

Originally posted by WilliamTLear
I've known Dennis Conatser for a long time, and he WAS a personal student of Mr. Parker's. I am currently a student of Frank Trejo (Whom ran Mr. Parker's Pasadena Studio for approx. 15 years before Mr. Parker Passed, and teaches there to THIS day).

According to both of these men (as well as many of the other 9th and 10th degree black belt's that I know in todays kenpo world) nobody earned a rank above 7th degree black from Ed Parker. This my friend is the cold hard truth. If you have been told otherwise... you have been lied to.
Sir, I still will not believe what you and other's are saying until i'am satisfied with my own search about Master Will's rank! I know there is a lot of misinformation out there! Though, i do have a question? Why would Sanxiawuyi know about the testing board and GM Parker signing Master Will's 8th Dan certificate? What you are saying is that there is absolutely no truth to this historian's statement? Sincerely, In Humility; Chiduce!

G

GouRonin

...and correct me if I am wrong...

That Jay T. Will may have a signed 8th certificate from some system that might have Mr. Parker's signature on it but Mr. Parker did not grade Mr. Will to 8th. He was merely there to watch someone else grade him and sifned as a witness perhaps?

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
Arnisador,
In an attempt to answer your question strictly from a historical perspective. Although you could say that the roots of Parker System Kenpo go back to the Kosho-Ryu. It can only be said because of the Mitose, Chow, Parker connections. Mr.Parker was
( if I have my facts straight) given some type of promotion by Mr.Mitose, but Mr.Parker never to my recollection acknowledged it. By that I mean, never promoted it, never used it in any fashion. Simply because he was never a STUDENT of Mr.Mitose's, and the kenpo Mr.Parker taught was not what Mr.Mitose demonstrated, or propigated. Therefore Mr.Parker did not lay claim to ANY ranking that originated from the Kosho-Ryu. I believe I have laid out the basic facts. Can/do any of the P.S.K. seniors on this forum agree/disagree with what I've posted? I would be very interested to hear...
Salute in Christ,
Donald:D

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes Donald I agree with most of what you said, the part of Mitose promoting Ed Parker tho I have to disagree with. All his early promotions came from Chow. He only claimed Chow as his early instructor in Kenpo after the intro from his brother Frank.

He did not utilize or like any of Mitose's system. He was not comfortable with his attitude or conviction. He always distanced himself from this person.

His academic achievement and personal drive led to the creation of his own unique American Kenpo system, which was way ahead of its time back then. Today many studios are moving to the type of movement and logic we have used for many years now.

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
yes, Gou......

You are correct in your thoughts...... (why can't others deduct this)?

As to Chiduce,

I don't care if you believe what I'm saying or not. I know its the truth. I do respect your position ~ do your research and you will find out that what I say is correct. No Mallace intended, just facts.

I also am not challenging/validating Sanxiawuyi's claim either..... I was not there..... but if in fact the claim is true ..... that does not constitute people claiming Ed Parker PROMOTED him...... he meerely witnessed the promotion. Once again..... produce an official IKKA Numbered Certificate with Jay T. Will as an 8th.:asian:

S

Sanxiawuyi

Originally posted by Chiduce
The historian is Sanxiawuyi; is post may have been on another subject though, yet this is what he said! Sincerely, In Humility; Chiduce!

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I have never posted about any of these things, ecept for saying Jat T Will is under the Tracy Tree.

What claims do you think I made?

Sanxiawuyi
:confused:

G

GouRonin

Originally posted by Goldendragon7
yes, Gou......You are correct in your thoughts...... (why can't others deduct this?)

Because I'm a frickin' genious. I'm brilliant. I'm smart. Learned. Full of wisdom. Deep in thought. Shall I go on?
:cuss: :rolleyes:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
His academic achievement and personal drive led to the creation of his own unique American Kenpo system

Thanks donald and Goldendragon7. Can someone give a non-kenpo person a brief list of what art(s) went into Mr. Parker's kenpo?

G

GouRonin

Parker added as he went along. If he liked it it went in. The list would be very long. Plus he used his students like an experiment to help him add.

S

Sanxiawuyi

I also am not challenging/validating Sanxiawuyi's claim either..... I was not there..... but if in fact the claim is true ..... that does not constitute people claiming Ed Parker PROMOTED him...... he meerely witnessed the promotion.

Again,.... what claims did I Supposedly make?

Sanxiawuyi
:confused:

M

meni

Sir, I still will not believe what you and other's are saying until i'am satisfied with my own search about Master Will's rank! I know there is a lot of misinformation out there! Though, i do have a question? Why would Sanxiawuyi know about the testing board and GM Parker signing Master Will's 8th Dan certificate? What you are saying is that there is absolutely no truth to this historian's statement? Sincerely, In Humility; Chiduce!

So sorry but I also have to second that of WilliamTLear
As I heard and inquire for another student of EP that EP never promoted anybody above the Seventh Degree.
With all the respect.

M

S

Sanxiawuyi

Though, i do have a question? Why would Sanxiawuyi know about the testing board and GM Parker signing Master Will's 8th Dan certificate?

What are you talking about!! I have know idea what you guys are talking about. I didn't say any of these things!

Did I miss something!!??

Sanxiawuyi
:soapbox:

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
What are you talking about!! I have know idea what you guys are talking about. I didn't say any of these things!

They think that you have seen a certificate of Jay T Wills with Mr Parker's signature on it promoting him to 8th.

my 2 cents: Mr Will's name shows up on the Tracy's tree at 8th so I would be led to believe that he was promoted by the Tracy's not Mr Parker.
In my talks with other kenpo black belts they too believe that Mr Parker never promoted anyone past 7th, except for Elvis.

Interesting discussion so far, but some seem to be taking it personal now. :asian:

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL......... well I'll be.........

I guess we have revealed the first one of Chiduce's claims to be totally FALSE! :rolleyes:
lol

As to answer Arnisador...... There were no "Arts" that Ed Parker put into American Kenpo other than his early training with Professor Chow and HUGE amounts of LOGIC.

That's why it is uniquely his system, not a combination of others. Of course he had much input from many different individuals but no specific Systems.

C

Chiduce

Originally posted by GouRonin
...and correct me if I am wrong...

That Jay T. Will may have a signed 8th certificate from some system that might have Mr. Parker's signature on it but Mr. Parker did not grade Mr. Will to 8th. He was merely there to watch someone else grade him and sifned as a witness perhaps?
What i read on this forum was that GM Parker and Jay T. Will were on the same testing board ( along with others) testing someone else! That is when one of the other testers which knew GM Parker arked him to promote Master Will to 8th Dan also that day. Parker agreed and signed Will's certificate at that testing along with promoting the original practitioner that day! Now personally, it sounded too crazy not to have some merit! Though, there is still the question of who was being promoted originally and who was the board member that talked to GM Parker about promoting Master Will to 8th Dan. This post was made by Sanxiawuyi. Since he is a martial historian i assumed he has a reliable source from which this information was extracted! Though, it could be just speculation. Of course i would think that he would not have posted this statement without some type of reliability! Sincerely, In Humility; Chiduce!

S

Sanxiawuyi

This post was made by Sanxiawuyi. Since he is a martial historian i assumed he has a reliable source from which this information was extracted! Though, it could be just speculation. Of course i would think that he would not have posted this statement without some type of reliability! Sincerely, In Humility; Chiduce!

SHOW ME WHERE I POSTED THIS!!
I have no idea what you are talking about, I never made a post like that, and further more I know nothing about Jay “T” Will.

My original post was Mr. Parker promoted no one to 10th.

Your have your “sources” wrong.

With respect,
Sanxiawuyi
:angry:

C

Chiduce

Originally posted by Sanxiawuyi

SHOW ME WHERE I POSTED THIS!!
I have no idea what you are talking about, I never made a post like that, and further more I know nothing about Jay “T” Will.

My original post was Mr. Parker promoted no one to 10th.

Your have your “sources” wrong.

With respect,
Sanxiawuyi
:angry:
Yeah, i can see that now! I admit that i'am wrong. I have been searching the other posts myself and i made a mistake! It was posted though by someone, not unless i'am getting wall eyed vision. So, i humbly apologize for my mistake of including you forum name in my post! Sincerely, In Humility; Chiduce!

S

Sanxiawuyi

Yeah, i can see that now! I admit that i'am wrong. I have been searching the other posts myself and i made a mistake! It was posted though by someone, not unless i'am getting wall eyed vision. So, i humbly apologize for my mistake of including you forum name in my post! Sincerely, In Humility; Chiduce!

Thank you for the apology. I don’t know a great deal about the more recent history of Westernized Kenpo, most of my research has been with earlier history, and my academic background is in East Asian history and philosophy, predominantly methodologies, and theories necessary for the study of the history of China, and Japan.

Sanxiawuyi
:asian:

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, thank you both for letting the truth shine forth. :D No malice towards anyone just please research the facts first.

It is very easy to mix up facts :confused: so be sure to have your ducks in a row when you make a statement otherwise someone may ask you to back up what you post.

Chiduce I have been involved in the Martial Arts way to long to tarnish my reputation. I would not lead you down a path of lies. That you can take to the bank. I however, have been wrong at times as well and it takes a credible man to admit his mistake. Kudos to you!:asian:

C

Chiduce

Yes, thank you both for letting the truth shine forth. :D No malice towards anyone just please research the facts first.

It is very easy to mix up facts :confused: so be sure to have your ducks in a row when you make a statement otherwise someone may ask you to back up what you post.

Chiduce I have been involved in the Martial Arts way to long to tarnish my reputation. I would not lead you down a path of lies. That you can take to the bank. I however, have been wrong at times as well and it takes a credible man to admit his mistake. Kudos to you!:asian:
Thank you very much sir! Sincerely, In Humility; chiduce!

Latest Discussions