10th degree

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by jazkiljok

Was Ed Parker Jr. also responsible for granting Chuck Sullivan his 10th degree as well? I saw on his site that he is also referring to himself as Senior Grandmaster- though i thought the SGM was reserved for Ed Parker only:confused:

I'm no authority on what Chuck Sullivan does with his business, but I believe he refers to himself as the SGM of the IKCA, his own kenpo style/organization...not of Ed Parker's American Kenpo Karate. So far to my knowledge no one has taken it upon themselves to take the rank of SGM of EPAK....(though I wouldn't be shocked if someone has).

jazkiljok

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by tarabos

I'm no authority on what Chuck Sullivan does with his business, but I believe he refers to himself as the SGM of the IKCA, his own kenpo style/organization...not of Ed Parker's American Kenpo Karate. So far to my knowledge no one has taken it upon themselves to take the rank of SGM of EPAK....(though I wouldn't be shocked if someone has).

if you have a Senior Grandmaster that would logically call for some other Grandmasters to exist in the IKCA... does anyone know how many Grandmasters they have?

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The reason for the SGM moniker in the first place was to seperate the creator from others that were calling themselves Grandmaster.

So when you say Senior Grandmaster you refer to Mr. Parker and with all respects to Mr. Sullivan he shouldn't use that title.

:asian:

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by jazkiljok

if you have a Senior Grandmaster that would logically call for some other Grandmasters to exist in the IKCA... does anyone know how many Grandmasters they have?

Vic LeRoux, the co-founder of the IKCA is a 9th degree now I believe, so i guess that isn't what you would consider a grandmaster, but everyone has their own definition of that now.

i personally don't have an opinion on this chuck sullivan thing either way, i'm not trying to defend or deflate mr. sullivan's credibility or whether or not he deserves to be called SGM. i just don't care all too much, because even if he is the first to call himself SGM, i can garuntee he won't be the last. and it's pretty pointless to debate who should or should not be what.

there's got to be a member of the IKCA on this board somewhere though...he or she can probably shed a little more light than i can on the subject.

jazkiljok

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7

Look on the bright side.........

EVERYONE now has the 10th Degree within reach............
:rofl:

:asian:
:rolleyes:

yes that may be true- but it's about time some one protected these grand men/women from the unruly kenpo mobs who insist on tying these big bright red stripes around their humble waists...:soapbox:

and who knows who'll be next-- ( i've been working on my humility speech for 25 years now... how's yours coming?...):p

T

tonbo

Well, let's see......

By the time I reach a point where I would even be *considered* for a 10th degree, I would have to have someone make my speech *for* me.

I would be way too old and shaky to actually make the speech myself. That kinda stuff happens when you are over 150 years old, you know......:D

10th degree? ME?? Yeah. I think it will happen.

But pigs will fly, first. :D

Peace--

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7

Oh man, you are really looking to start trouble aren't you!!

Hmmmm No, I can't think of any high ranking guys ever getting demoted.

:mad:

There is a guy on the Tracy tree 4th dan page (I think) with "Rank Revoked" beside his name. I believe his name is George Elmer.

Dave