Cool Site

M

meni

it looks like a good site but what the heck with all the pop-up?

OP
R

Robbo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Beats me, I just found it today and thought that all the other Kenpoists on this board might be interested.

Rob

S

shine

So I had two questions: :confused:

1. What do y'all think it mean to have your BB declared invalid by Jeff Speakman? And why would he brag about this on his webpage. This must be a joke, right?

2. Certain people have been marked as removed "themself" from the lineage. This sounds really weird. I also don't get the people who removed themself from the lineage being on the bb tree.

Any explanations?

G

GouRonin

The Doc is a nice guy. He has his own way of doing things. People might not agree but what the heck. He can do what he wants.

Speakman can say what he wants but you can never take away knowledge.

People might not like where they came from but removing one's self from a lineage is like being able to erase your childhood.

R

Rob_Broad

The Doc has an interesting page and seems fairly and nice and ready to answer an email you have.

Dave Simmons

Green Belt
Reaction score
Geez, Doc's site is hard to stay with...with all the pop ups and his writing style. I wish he had a different format, sometimes I think he tries to preclude us simple folks, LOL.

Peace,

Dave Simmons

R

Rob_Broad

His site might be a little difficult to navigate, but here is a lot of good information there if a person takes the time to check it out.

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7

I think you have to have a degree to read this page.:rolleyes:

Question GD7, did Mr. Parker ever cover any of that stuff with you when you were with him?

:asian:

Chuck

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, we went over Ed Parker's stuff all the time. That's all we did. Now if you are asking about specific sl4 stuff ........ no that is a term that Ed Jr. came up with and Ron Chap'el expanded upon it, to develop it to what you read today.

Ron's base material is Ed Parker material just with his personal twist and revamped terminology to it. Principles are Principles. They just don't change. The perspective in which we view them however does change.

I like much of what he talks of but I'm not so sure everyone is on the same page as he when he explains it all the time. Some of it.... I'm not convinced (as of yet) to its usefulness. I do enjoy the different point of view and thought provoking challenge that he presents.

R

Rob_Broad

Yes, we went over Ed Parker's stuff all the time. That's all we did. Now if you are asking about specific sl4 stuff ........ no that is a term that Ed Jr. came up with and Ron Chap'el expanded upon it, to develop it to what you read today.

Ron's base material is Ed Parker material just with his personal twist and revamped terminology to it. Principles are Principles. They just don't change. The perspective in which we view them however does change.

I like much of what he talks of but I'm not so sure everyone is on the same page as he when he explains it all the time. Some of it.... I'm not convinced (as of yet) to its usefulness. I do enjoy the different point of view and thought provoking challenge that he presents.

Having read as much as I can about the SL4 material and understand the pressure point aspect of it, it makes some sense to me. I am curious as to where else it branches into.

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

........ no that is a term that Ed Jr. came up with and Ron Chap'el expanded upon it, to develop it to what you read today.

Hmmmm.... Interesting, I was under the impression that he got it from SGM Parker. :wavey:

Chuck

K

Kirk

Originally Posted By: Klondike93
Hmmmm.... Interesting, I was under the impression that he got it from SGM Parker.

That is exactly what Dr. Chapel claims.

Latest Discussions