Zori size....

Duncan McLeod

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi there everyone... I would like to ask for your assistance...
I'm trying to order a couple of new Zori but I can't seem to be able to estimate the right size... I'm almost 1.80m tall if that information helps...
So if anyone knows i would really appreciate it...
Thanks in advance!!!!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for bringing me in on this one.

@Duncan McLeod, unfortunately we're not so traditional as to actually use zori (though I'm considering instituting the practice, for hygiene purposes). If you don't get it figured out in short order, PM me, and I'll reach out to some folks who might have some better information. I will say that your height is probably less important than your shoe size when looking at zori.

I did find this link, which includes some information on Japanese shoe sizes. I hope it helps.

OP
D

Duncan McLeod

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for bringing me in on this one.

@Duncan McLeod, unfortunately we're not so traditional as to actually use zori (though I'm considering instituting the practice, for hygiene purposes). If you don't get it figured out in short order, PM me, and I'll reach out to some folks who might have some better information. I will say that your height is probably less important than your shoe size when looking at zori.

I did find this link, which includes some information on Japanese shoe sizes. I hope it helps.
Thanks a lot!!!! I really appreciate taking the time and effort!!

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Japanese tend to size their footwear with the heel slightly overhanging the back edge of their zori (to prevent the hem of kimono being stepped upon). Most Westerners find this a bit uncomfortable so simply use this chart for sizing.
92B55E11-3581-454C-B42B-49027408AE3E.jpeg

Latest Discussions