Your lifestyle/menu choices influenced by your MA?

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Just curious if anybody else finds themselves eating the "native foods" of the country that spawned their martial arts. My dh is a longtime Karate man and he took like a shark to sushi as soon as he tried it for the first time about 16 years ago. Then about 5 years ago he added a regular habit of hitting a local ramen noodle place for lunch. On our "dates" it seems all we ever eat is Japanese; my favorite food has become Sashimi salad.

What about your interior decor, has it been affected also? We have a distinct Japanese influence in a few areas of our house, framed prints on the walls and a rice paper screen as a room divider. I think the cultural influence of Karate just got into our heads somehow :)

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I eat alot of Japanese food. Mainly because my wife is Japanese.

It's good to try new cultural things. Andrew Zimmern the host of Bizzare foods says that food is the best way to understand culture or something like that.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't do Japanese martial arts, but I eat Sushi.
I don't do CMA but eat Chinese food because my wife is half Chinese, and that's how she learned to cook.
I liked Thai food long before I ever did Muay Thai. By the way, Pad Thai is something you eat. Thai Pad is something you wear. Don't confuse the two. And Thai Pads stuffed with Pad Thai just don't work.
I liked Indonesian food before I'd even heard of Silat.

Karatedrifter7

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Well when I was doing Judo, I liked Japanese food. Now that I'm doing more Eskrima its hard to find a Filipino resteraunt in Albuquerque. They probably have one in your area of California, yes?

Latest Discussions