Xingyi Qigong

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about Xingyi Qigong (Hsing Yi Chi Gong) other than what comes from Tim Cartmell (Xing Yi Nei Gong)

I just discovered an old Qigong teacher of mine has a website and he appears to teach Xingyi Qigong and I am wondering what it is.

I also plan on sending him an e-mail to see if he will tell me what it is as well... I just can't help myself... if it has Xingyi on it... I GOTS TO KNOW!!!!

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nah... we did some in Gao, but I couldn't tell you anything about it except I was upset because we weren't hitting people. That's about it really...

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about Xingyi Qigong (Hsing Yi Chi Gong) other than what comes from Tim Cartmell (Xing Yi Nei Gong)
I always thought that most of Xingyiquan Qigong was Post standing.
Most of what I have read was about Santishi and Wuxingquan as methods of health. I am sure through the Post standing Nei dan Qigong is achieved.
I have seen some books in Chinese concerning Xingyiquan Qigong methods but I have not at the time to really dig into them. However, If you want I can send them to you. It would be interesting to find out who if any, brought Qigong into the different Xingyiquan schools.

I just discovered an old Qigong teacher of mine has a website and he appears to teach Xingyi Qigong and I am wondering what it is.
I would be curious what he teaches. I am wondering if its from someone in his particular line that added it or the teacher added it.

I also plan on sending him an e-mail to see if he will tell me what it is as well... I just can't help myself... if it has Xingyi on it... I GOTS TO KNOW!!!!
Becareful of that. You can find some weird things if you type Xingyiquan and something else.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I always thought that most of Xingyiquan Qigong was Post standing.
Most of what I have read was about Santishi and Wuxingquan as methods of health. I am sure through the Post standing Nei dan Qigong is achieved.
I have seen some books in Chinese concerning Xingyiquan Qigong methods but I have not at the time to really dig into them. However, If you want I can send them to you. It would be interesting to find out who if any, brought Qigong into the different Xingyiquan schools.

Tim Cartmell has a Xingyi Neigong routine he does or at least use to do but I believe the root of that is Shanxi. And form what I read there are a lot more Qigong type exercises that come from Shanxi that Hebei and Shanxi does not put as much emphasis on Santi as Hebei.

I would be curious what he teaches. I am wondering if its from someone in his particular line that added it or the teacher added it.

One of his teacher was Kwan Sai-Hung and he also had some other Buddhism and Tibetan Buddhism teachers as well so I have no idea where it comes from

Becareful of that. You can find some weird things if you type Xingyiquan and something else.

I sent him an e-mail… but to be honest I do not expect an answer… he was never good at answer messages…great if you catch him on the phone or if he just happens to be on the PC at the time the e-mail gets there but after the fact…not so good

Latest Discussions