WTF TKD without all that protective gear. . .

OP
S

SPX

Black Belt
Reaction score
Nothing like a good sport bashing thread to get the blood going...bad rep me some more!

I definitely don't mean for this to be a TKD bashing thread. I posted the vid because I thought it was cool.

Did someone neg you?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, I found both videos great! Until about 2 years ago, I never had much respect for any TKD because of some bad experiences I've had with practitioners. This is just one more reason that I'm changing my view and coming to respect the art. Don't think I could ever personally take those kicks, or throw them. Very impressed :D

OP
S

SPX

Black Belt
Reaction score
I think this may be changing as punches seem to be scoring more these days, but yes, punches are often used to create space for kicking. It's hard to really hurt someone through the hogu, but it can be done.

I've heard of guys who specifically work to develop such strong punches that they can take someone off their feet with them and frequently use them to score, but I've never actually seen it done.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Whose bashing anything? I posted it because I thought it was a cool vid. . .

Or did someone neg you?
Don't see any bashing being done at all, one or two critiques, but definitely noothing that could be considered bashing. My guess is some gave him bad rep based on this
They fight based on the rule set...if you don't understand the rule set you will not understand why they do things...

If you don't like the rule set don't participate...

If you don't find it entertaining don't watch...

OP
S

SPX

Black Belt
Reaction score
Wow, I found both videos great! Until about 2 years ago, I never had much respect for any TKD because of some bad experiences I've had with practitioners. This is just one more reason that I'm changing my view and coming to respect the art. Don't think I could ever personally take those kicks, or throw them. Very impressed :D

Glad you liked the vids! I agree it's impressive stuff, though it actually took me a little while to really understand that.

Just to get a little ITF action in here, you might also appreciate this one:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaeimseu

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I've heard of guys who specifically work to develop such strong punches that they can take someone off their feet with them and frequently use them to score, but I've never actually seen it done.

The worst beating I ever took was from a guy who knew how to hit the body hard. He left knuckle marks on me through the hogu.

Latest Discussions