Wsl ving tsun about

Andrea.Malkovitch

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello.
My name is Andrea and from Russia.
I want to learn ving tsun and soon I will started but İ have some questions.
İ am 167 cm and 61 kg,ving tsun is good a choice ?
how many years later I can be sifu?
Some humans say that
modified WT > traditional VT. This is true ?
My english is bad,sorry for this.

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
There is no such thing as "modified vs. traditional." Don't let anyone lead you down that road! Body size is irrelevant. Anyone can learn Wing Chun! The time it takes to become an instructor is going to vary with the teacher and how often you are able to train, but a good baseline to consider is around 4 to 5 years.

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Your English is much better than my Russian.
Given your body size, I would say Wing Chun is a very good fit for you.
Don't jump at the first school you come to. Take some time to look around for the best one for you.

Good luck.

Ваш английский гораздо лучше, чем мой русский . Учитывая ваш размер тела , я бы сказал, Вин Чун очень хорошо подходит для вас . Не прыгать на первой школы вы придете к . Потратьте некоторое время, чтобы осмотреться по лучшей для вас . Удачи.

Phobius

Black Belt
Reaction score
Because self defense for and like every human,I want to be sifu in style.There is no a very special reason..

Just want to clarify, you want to teach in your style to others? Otherwise sifu is not an aim. Better to aim to master your art, sifu is in my view an honorary title given to you buy your older students as a form of respect. I have my sifu and called him that the moment I realized his opinion, stories and way of life had a positive impact on me even outside my training.

Reason being that some people think or considers sifu to be a title given to them by reaching a certain skill similar to a certification, this may be true to some but in such case then that goal is neverending. You will master your style, but mastering a skill is just taking a first step on your next journey. As such make sure in advance to have a clear goal for whether it is being a sifu or simply mastering your style as to what that entails.

Latest Discussions