Worst places / situations to be attacked, and suggestions on solving the situation.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, this ones weird.

I had one of the dreams that are simply induced by lack of sleep and nutrition...or maybe just heat... anyway...heres the situation:

Mens room.

On the 'seat'. Pants at the ankles. 1 assailent is in front, one on the side leaning over the 'wall'.

Total contents of the stall are the porcilen chair, the TP roll, and the TP dispencer.

No weapons are visible.

Both assailents are in very aggressive 'intimidator' mode.

Thoughts? (Other than have less weird dreams?) :D

Old Fat Kenpoka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sitting in my cubicle...typing a post for martialtalk.com...suddenly, without warning, my boss, an IT person, and an HR person walk in...quickly, switch to important spreadsheet...too late...aaahhhhhh!

D

Disco

Since no weapons were mentioned, the guy hanging over the top is no real immediate concern. For the guy in front (how did he get in anyhow?), you are at your target height for a straight punch to the groin. If you blast the first guy, it's doubtful the second will stick around. If he does however, you will have time to adjust while he has to go around to get to you. He will show up suddenly in front of you to a nice front kick.

PS: You should really try to watch what you eat before going to bed. Gives you bad dreams.....................
:D

L

lonekimono

I don't know what kind of person would come after you while you are in the john?
but i would give them something that would mess(sorry);) there weekend up, and then i would go and wash my hands:shrug:

M

MartialArtist

When you're tired, exhausted, can barely walk, and you're laying down.

T

tonbo

I dunno about that bathroom one......that's kinda scary. 'Course, I can't see why anyone would really want to walk in on another guy doing his business.....:eek:

My vote for when would be the worst time/place to be attacked would be to wake up in bed to find an attacker in the mount position, with the covers pinning your arms as he rains blows down on your face. Not my idea of a good situation.

Aside from that, I would say *any* time you are attacked is going to be a bad time. There always seems to be something that comes up that prevents attacks from happening at the ideal time (is there such a thing?).

Peace--

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think its a vulnubility thing. Many of the johns I've been in either had broken locks, no locks and often no doors. (My gradeschool and highschool both had no doors on the stalls)

Many of us carry a blade, but thats often times on our belts, and in this situation not a quick draw. A neck knife might be reachable, but could you draw it and disable #1 without damaging yourself?

The other concern is the very limited mobility and use of legs.

Now, the presence of a weapon, esp a firearm severly complicates this IMO.

You can ask "who would do this?"

Anyone seeking an edge. We don't 'expect' to be attacked while 'communing with mr toilet'.

As to where, rest stops, esp late at night would to me, be a good place to watch and ambush?

:asian:

E

Eggman

i still feel you are most vulnerable in a night club environment. In my days of bouncing i cant count how many times patrons were clubbed from behind with champagne bottles, OUCH!!! Those things are heavy. Very difficult to make out attackers in a dark space packed full of people.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A bad location to be.

Well you just convinced a guy (* With a gun *) and his nine friends to leave. How and Why I knew he had the gun is another story, scary yet not as scary.

They are pulling up from the back parking lot to the front of the building and I step back between two cars to get some 'Cover' The Pick Up Truck with the guy and the gun pull up and stop right at the end of the vehicles.

The Bad guys says'Do you want me to shot you know?

I could not run away.

I could not drop and cover or crawl under a car.

I did charge the truck swing a set of keys on a neck lanyard while screaming as loud as possible 'I am going to . . .' The Driver took off afraid his truck was going to be hit and or damaged. The Bad Guy was visually upset but sat back down into the seat as the truck went through the ditch and over a Telephone poll used as landscaping and warning of he ditch :D

Just minutes before the Bad Guy had said 'I'll Be Back'. I replied, 'If you and your nine buddies cannot take me now, do not come back later when I will have friends here.' Bad guy then pulled a gun out of his baggy pants. The Barrel was pointing towards me as he was pulling it out :(. Yes this was very scary. As he was bringing it to chest level one of buddies jumped in and I grabbed another buddy of his and used him as a body shield.

Both were scary, yet between the cars, I felt completely vulnerable, and unable to move. It was the last time I made that mistake.

Now to Kaith's situation:

I would stand up, and start yelling and moving forward. Yelling a derogatory word for homosexual at them. A guy half naked, yelling and stepping forward at someone gets peoples attention. Now if you are in the act of relieving yourself you have a weapon of urinating on them.

Sorry for the in depth details.

:asian:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Eggman
i still feel you are most vulnerable in a night club environment. In my days of bouncing i cant count how many times patrons were clubbed from behind with champagne bottles, OUCH!!! Those things are heavy. Very difficult to make out attackers in a dark space packed full of people.

I was in a local bar recently and took a break from the dance floor. While, I standing there drinking water, this guy in a Staff shirt shows up and asks me why I am not wearing my Staff Shirt. As the New Guy I should have been given one? Or were they out of my size? :D

I replied I was just a patron, taking a break from the floor. He laughed and smiled. About two minutes later another guy comes along and takes up position next to me. The spot gave you clear view of the near by exits, and the floor and had your back against the wall. ;)

I guess old habits are hard to break.
:eek: :rofl:

J

Jill666

Originally posted by Rich Parsons
The spot gave you clear view of the near by exits, and the floor and had your back against the wall. ;)

I guess old habits are hard to break.
:eek: :rofl:

:D It's that look of authority, combined with the fact that you apparently don't wander about a public place addled. Nothing drives me nutz like soneone who just kind of wanders into me- jeez, have some freakin' clue of your surroundings, please!

As for why someone would accost someone else in a toilet- well, let's not go there, it wasn't MY dream. However, many of the toilets I've been in, from bars to rest stops to Fenway Park, have locks that are broken or just plain missing. And after your fifth beer, well... actually you guys have a tactical advantage, in the point-and-whiz department. I agree that the guy in the next stall hopefully isn't as much a threat- dealing with the guy in front of you is paramount. A mule kick to his knees comes to mind.

Who brought up the home invader, catching you under the covers? We've trained for that one, both in Kenpo and Taijutsu, by the way. In fact, my Ninpo instructor dug out a blanket and we went to work.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For the bathroom stall..... think about the last good date ya had then stand up and *poke* 'em in the eye:rofl: :D :shrug:

Always carry a magazine to the john with you. Whether you're gonna read it or not you can always roll it up and use it that way. If the door swings in just slam the door in the face of number one attacker, stand quickly with a punch straight up to attacker number two (no pun intended). If there is no door or the door swings outward then a kick (although it would be hindred by the pants) would work. You could use an aikido principle and reach out and grab the attacker in front of you, yank him forward and to one side, pinning him between the stool and stall wall, spin out of the stall while squaring yourself away and preparing for attacker two. OR you could just stop eating the pizza with anchovies and drinking the dark ale before bedtime;)

S

sweeper

well.. for the bathroom I would say take care of #2 in a safe place and keep #1 quick... Keep weapons on your body, anything from a hadfull of coins (as a distraction) to a pen or knife or whatever you can legaly have..

I wouldn't worry about being attacked in my sleep unless I was camping. Some times I have sleeped outside on the ground so someone could potentialy walk right up and I probably wouldn't wake up. But at home I sleep behind a locked door with a couple of clubs within reach, there is no key hole on the otherside so the only way in would be to break a window or kick in the door, both would obviously wake me.

I think my two worst situations to be attacked would be whentaking a shower or just after running or a workout.. The shower I have a fair amount of noise close up so if someone entered my home relativly silently I wouldn't know they were there untill they kicked in the door. I have no weapons within reach besides soap and a hair brush.. After a workout or after running I think would be the absolute worst though because I'm physicly at my weakest, If I was lifting my maximum muscle output is much lower, but if I was running I won't be able to run away and my wind is going to be gone.. I basicly have no choice but to use a weapon.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think it would suck to get attacked while donating blood,in a kneck brace,in a full body cast, while hancuffed, at a nude beach.

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I would say worst situation mother of 2 kids. One old enough to walk, say 2 or 3 and the other a baby in a stroller. And you are attacked. I would say most of your focus would be on your kids.
Bob :asian:

Latest Discussions