Worst Martial Arts Movies

OP
R

relytjj

Hero with Jet Li was painfully long. The plot and the characters abilities were ridiculous. I couldn't stand it when the characters were flying and jumping on water and such without explaination.

Kenpodoc

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I didn't like Hero as a martial arts film. I did like it as an art film. I enjoyed landscape, the use of color, the use of the camera to demonstrate point of view, and the chinese conventions used in the story telling.

I still say The Matrix was the worst. The recent Jackie Chan movies have been terrible but at least they didn't pretend to be art. Mortal Combat was bad martial arts but it's amusing and makes me laugh.

Jeff

Kenpodoc

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Sin said:
HOW DARE YOU

The matrix Trilogy was one of the movies that got me into MA, of course there is the fantasy, but a true MAist can see that there is a lot of good martial Arts in it.

Sho Lin Soccer, blows serious *** I didn't even watch it all
:)
To each their own. My Kids love The Matrix. I thought it was pretentious, but then I initial got into martial arts after watching "Enter the Dragon" and I still love it despite its failings. For myself, Wire work ruins the martial art in films. I prefer to watch Jackie and Benny duke it out in real time.

Now I love Surf Ninjas as a martial arts movie and by any standard it blows. I still watch it several times a year.

Jeff :asian:

Kenpodoc

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
relytjj said:
Hero with Jet Li was painfully long. The plot and the characters abilities were ridiculous. I couldn't stand it when the characters were flying and jumping on water and such without explaination.
The first time I saw this I thought it was painfully long. I watched it again in a mellow mood and enjoyed the leisurely story line.

Jeff

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I prefer to watch Jackie and Benny duke it out in real time.

Meals on Wheels--Best fight scene ever

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Sin said:
you guys really don't see anything good in the matrix movies???
I enjoyed the existential questions from the first and second movies, and the fight scenes, albeit not fantasitc, were gravy. :)

and to steal a line from Trimuph, the third movie was good... for me to poop on... :D

OP
O

OC Kid

Shaolin soccer and kung pao have got to be the worst butttt as a comedy (which they are meant to be) they definately are the funniest.

Enter the ninja kinda sucked come on a ninja using a laser beam???? wazzup wit dat...

Other than american kick boxer 1 the rest really sucked......

most van dam movies and after above the law..most seagals movies sucked to......

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Oh I can not remember the name of this movie but it was a paradoy of several MA Movies.

The fight scene with the baby and the killer were priceless.

The Secert Weapon was a tongue with eyes and a pair of lips lol.

And the Guardian was a Cow that knew Karate and use shots of milk as weapons. I could go on and on lol.

The Enemy was Aliens flying in Pryamids lol. etc.....

The Fist of Kung Pow I belive lol
Kung Pow: Enter the Fist. I saw that. It was so stupid it was funny. I think Steve Oedekerk is a genius though. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0240468/

The Elemental

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Sorry folks, but when it comes to baaaaaaad martial art flicks, none is worse than the ones my country makes, Egypt has made possibly some of the worst martial art movies ever!

Latest Discussions