Worst Martial Arts Movies

A

auxprix

I was very surprised that this specific thread doesn't exist on the forum. There is a "Favorite and most hated MA film" topic, but I think that it's different. I say this because one of the films on my worst list also happends to be one of my favorites due to the laughs that it produces.

I submit two:

2) Gymkata.

I love this movie, just because it is so terrible (in a good way). It stars former gymnastics olympian Kurt Thomas as the protagonist. He is called by the U.S. government to compete in a life-or-death race in the country Parmistan(?) for some reason. Already an accomplished Gymnist, Kurt is tought asian martial arts. He blends the two together to make the ultimate East meets West fighting system. :rofl:

His style proves to be most effective in Parmistan, since it is apparently a country riddled with randomly placed gymnastics equipment, including (but not limited to) an ancient pummel horse. His deadly Gymkata is vital to his survival, as people dressed like ninja are chasing him throughout the race.

If you see this movie on the rental shelf, pick it up! You won't be disappointed!

1) Renegade Ninja

Makes no sense, and isn't corney enough to laugh at. I assume much of the plot was lost in translation, and I saw a dubbed version. Don't see this.

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
Cyborg.

Not necessarily the 'worst' in production quality or talent, but very disappointing given the hype around it when it was released.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Now, when I say worst, I mean worst here. No redeeming value.

Dragon and the Hawk. Much hyped locally because it was an indie flick, but it is terrible beyond measure. (I even had the assistant producer threaten to have my comments on Amazon pulled after I offered up a less than enchanted commentary there.)

Fists of Legend. Supposed sequel to Jet Li's Fist of Legend. Random people fight, and somehow it involves Sun Yat Sen (who mainly seems to just wander aimlessly from place to place.) Some people are supposed to be protecting SYS, but they're rarely in the same place at the same time, and the primary (supposedly) character does just about nothing the entire movie. The Wu Tang Clan's discussion on honor before the movie started was about as coherant.

OP
H

Hanzo04

the worst MA movie of all time is The Last Dragon. lol. i hate that movie.

" Who's the Master ?" Sho Nuff! LOL! hahahahahahaha!

OP
B

Baytor

"Ricky-O: The Story of Ricky"

The absolutely cheesiest I have ever seen. The special effects were something straight out of power rangers, yet it had the most graphic violence I ever saw. The main character (Ricky) had superhuman strengh from his practice of tai chi. He did the whole punching right through people thing. The worst was when he was fighting a henchman and the henchman tried to strangle him with his own intestines.

Here's a link I found for it. You have to scroll down about half a page.

http://www.stomptokyo.com/badmoviereport/ricky.html

OP
M

Mark Weiser

Oh I can not remember the name of this movie but it was a paradoy of several MA Movies.

The fight scene with the baby and the killer were priceless.

The Secert Weapon was a tongue with eyes and a pair of lips lol.

And the Guardian was a Cow that knew Karate and use shots of milk as weapons. I could go on and on lol.

The Enemy was Aliens flying in Pryamids lol. etc.....

The Fist of Kung Pow I belive lol

OP
B

Baytor

Yup, that was Kung Pow. My favorite part was how the the dubbing would show the dog barking, then it would delay for a couple of seconds before you would hear it.

OP
B

Baytor

"...This is Wimp Lo. He's an idiot. We trained him wrong on purpose.":roflmao:

OP
A

auxprix

Oh, I forgot about all the videogame martial arts movies. They're all bad, but the worst was Double Dragon. Scott Wolf was in it, but he doesn't know any martial arts (save run-fu).

OP
J

Jim Tindell

"Laser Mission" with Brandon Lee. So terrible, but so hilarious!

Every shot looks like they used a home video camera.

asangria

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Kung Pow was an extremely bad movie but I thought the Little Ninja series ranked pretty high also.

OP
J

jjmcc

Hanzo04 said:
the worst MA movie of all time is The Last Dragon. lol. i hate that movie.

" Who's the Master ?" Sho Nuff! LOL! hahahahahahaha!
NO WAY ITS PRETTY SAD BUT IT A CLASSIC LIKE IT OR NOT

Latest Discussions