World population control?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oy vay, I'm such a schmuck!

I feel very tempted to issue a warm-hearted apology for mis-understanding the point of your previous post, but it would be so out of character me.

It's Oi Vay and you wouldn't use the word schmuck if you knew what it meant ROFL!

I looked up Wikipedia about the forced sterilisation programme that India put into place and found it much more interesting reading than I bargained for.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsory_sterilization

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It's Oi Vay and you wouldn't use the word schmuck if you knew what it meant ROFL!
I've always seen it represented in English as Oy Vay. I also know what schmuck literally means, thanks to Lenny Bruce.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always seen it represented in English as Oy Vay. I also know what schmuck literally means, thanks to Lenny Bruce.

Well it's a Yiddish phrase so should be in Yiddish, you don't put French into English lol!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, there's the solution to population control.
Nuke France.

:)

Seriously, I think the answers been hit on. Equality, Opportunity, Education and improved living. There is enough food produced now to support the population, it's just not distributed.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, there's the solution to population control.
Nuke France.

:)

Seriously, I think the answers been hit on. Equality, Opportunity, Education and improved living. There is enough food produced now to support the population, it's just not distributed.

Well if you can miss out Brittany and Provence ( they aren't French, ask them!)

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
All I can say is be careful what you wish for. The bureaucratic machinery required to pull of world population control would be a monstrosity beyond the capability normal people to control. In order to truly accomplish global population control, you'd need a global government so invasive and powerful that they could insinuate themselves between every sovereign individual who decided to copulate.

Thus, I will pass on that one.

Besides, the human animal will naturally correct its population when it overshoots. As more choice and freedom becomes available people will decide how and when to breed. The fear mongering that accompanies this debate is old recycled eugenics screed pumped out by tired old Fabians with dreams of utopia. They oppose freedom because they think assume that the mass of humanity are genetic derelicts incapable of trust when it comes to living their lives.

The Georgia Guidestones

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well it's a Yiddish phrase so should be in Yiddish, you don't put French into English lol!
Well, we represent all kinds of foreign words in English. Especially interesting are some from languages that have non-roman alphabets (or types of writing). The Koran, Quran, Qur'an, Qora_an. And so if I Oi as Oy (like oy in toy, roy, boy) it all sounds the same. One thing that cracks me up every time I see it is the Cyrillic letter that sounds the same an "L" used in some logos as an English A...Like in NASA logos.

Last edited:

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
One wonders if the food that is being sent to places like Somalia, Ethiopia, and other starving nations if that food were rightfully distributed and those folks gotten the food that was sent would the world's population be even more? If those food stores be rightfully protected from the warlords who steal them for sales to buy arms would they last longer?
I'm all for Sam Kinneson's idea to send those folks where the food is. Move them out of the places where nothing will grow until the Warlords end up killing each other off and then put them back and build proper irrigation fields so that at least whatever is planted has a chance to survive and they can feed their own.
There are starving folks in this country and elsewhere that are NOT 3rd World classification... help is needed there as well.
But then famine/starvation is one way to reduce population surplus isn't it?

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Or why can't we leave them alone, not run to everyone's rescue and let natural selection solve the problem?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm for that. Lets stop all foreign aid. It rarely helps anyone but petty dictators.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bob, you're a good journeyman photographer. You run a great bulletin board. But you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to the foreign aid policy issues. It's been a long time since I did serious work in the field, but I can dust off some examples if you want.

The vaccination programs eradicated out smallpox, will soon make polio extinct in the wild (if we can just kill enough Talibani to make them stop interfering), are about to wipe out Guinea Worm and cold soon do for rotovirus. That's foreign aid with almost literally incalculable benefits.

A lot of the boring, mudane ag-extension work has improved nutrition and agricultural techniques no end in the Developing World. Even stuff like teaching shepherds to milk sheep from the side is very cost effective.

The railway the Chinese built in Tanzania was inexpensive but pushed economic development in the hinterlands forward by decades. Of course, that was under the great Joseph Nyrere.

I could go on for several hundred pages just listing examples of highly effective foreign aid. And that's without explanations.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Todd,
I appreciate the compliments, and you're right, I'm not too up on this topic, so I'm not really going to go into alot of detail here. I'm tossing a few notes up, citing my source and passing out for the evening.

- Over the past decade the % of poor in Egypt has remained the same, despite receiving billions of $$$ in US aid.
- Between 1964 when Zambia became independent, and 2000, it's annual per-capita income dropped from $540 to $300, despite over $6 billion in foreign aid.
- The World Bank has concluded that foreign aid likely slows the progress of economic reform, and that "reform is more likely to be preceded by a decline in aid than an increase in aid"
- Humanitarian aid disrupts and in some cases destroys local economies as who can compete with free?
- A study of UN World Food Programs showed that in 84 emergencies, it took 196 days to respond, and what was sent was too late to help relieve hunger, but in time to depress local prices for local farmers.
- Governments receiving the aid tend to hoard it, or distribute it to their supporters, shoring up regimes, and rarely making it to the people most in need.

I could go on, but I need some sleep.

Also, I've seen many references that the $100 Million that USA for Africa raised in the 80's pretty much was a waste, mostly going into dictators coffers and really fed little more than warehouse rats.

*shrug*, either way, it makes no sence to me to keep sending Trillions of dollars out of the country when we have our own poor, hungry and sick here in need.

Reference:
Pg 222-232 - 33 Questions about American History You're Not Supposed to Ask
--Thomas E. Woods Jr.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, we represent all kinds of foreign words in English. Especially interesting are some from languages that have non-roman alphabets (or types of writing). The Koran, Quran, Qur'an, Qora_an. And so if I Oi as Oy (like oy in toy, roy, boy) it all sounds the same. One thing that cracks me up every time I see it is the Cyrillic letter that sounds the same an "L" used in some logos as an English A...Like in NASA logos.

Well, here politeness dictates that when a Yiddish speaking Jew tells you it's OI it's generally taken that that's how Yiddish speaking Jews prefer to have it written, nu? But hey what would I as a Yiddish speaking Jew know about anything?

OP
theletch1

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Well, here politeness dictates that when a Yiddish speaking Jew tells you it's OI it's generally taken that that's how Yiddish speaking Jews prefer to have it written, nu? But hey what would I as a Yiddish speaking Jew know about anything?
Interesting exchange... but one better suited for another thread. This ones about how to find a balance between population growth and planetary supplies to support that growth. ;)

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Here's Webster Tarpley on Malthus. He's got some different ideas, some of them are very dangerous to the status quo. And he's well informed on many topics. Basically, he looks at the history of Malthusianism and talks about how the Elite use this idea to support their own agenda.

In essence, he states that malthusian steeped bureaucrats will pursue genocidal policies. A lot of this will challenge popular dogma. Beware.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
So, I was reading the thread in the Locker Room about the Arkansas couple that has 18 kids and noticed a post by a member stating something along the lines of increasing population and dwindling resources on the planet. That got me to thinking...

The population of the world is growing at an exponetial rate and many resources aren't renewable. Many of the ones that are renewable aren't being renewed. How do we find a balance? Should the world as a whole attempt to curb it's usage? Sure. Will it? Probably not. So, the next question is population. Should the world enact a one child policy like China's? What do ya'll think of the Voluntary Human Extinction movement? What's a good world population number?
Idiocracy......the intelligent will limit their reproduction and the stupid will inherit the earth by shear force of numbers!
:iws:

The only other two alternatives are....

1) A totalitarian world government capable of ENFORCING population control standards....:dalek:

2) Expansion to Mars........:xwing:

Latest Discussions