"World of Warcraft"; Anyone Played?

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"World of Warcraft"; Anyone Played? Thoughts? Recommendations? Also, can a person play it solo at all without going online? Thanks in advance.

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Lol, I play it I have a 60 rogue and a 60 mage on Archimonde. I ve played a lot of MMO's, I dont know I like them I guess, mainly the pvp.

First off let me tell you that it is a great game, as I dont recall having as much fun with an MMO since Dark Age of Camelot.

However, you can not play it offline and though you can level to 60 by solo'ing it would be very hard and would take a long time. What you are paying for when you buy the game is really the license to play it and the client which connects to the main server and allows you to play the game. If you do choose to pick it up, and I would recommend you do, pick a server that has a high population so you can group at any time. You can usually find a group to run instances with quite fast, not like EQ where you had to wait around to get anything going. Also, levels 1-10 you should solo, the leveling is quicker that way, after you hit 20 or so I d say you should be grouped more often than not. If you are trying to get into the whole mmorpg I d say go with this game its pretty easy to learn the curve.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
evenflow1121 said:
Lol, I play it I have a 60 rogue and a 60 mage on Archimonde. I ve played a lot of MMO's, I dont know I like them I guess, mainly the pvp.

First off let me tell you that it is a great game, as I dont recall having as much fun with an MMO since Dark Age of Camelot.

However, you can not play it offline and though you can level to 60 by solo'ing it would be very hard and would take a long time. What you are paying for when you buy the game is really the license to play it and the client which connects to the main server and allows you to play the game. If you do choose to pick it up, and I would recommend you do, pick a server that has a high population so you can group at any time. You can usually find a group to run instances with quite fast, not like EQ where you had to wait around to get anything going. Also, levels 1-10 you should solo, the leveling is quicker that way, after you hit 20 or so I d say you should be grouped more often than not. If you are trying to get into the whole mmorpg I d say go with this game its pretty easy to learn the curve.

I concur with thiss review of WoW.

I do nothave the time recently to play a two or three hour instance, but if I did, I know I could play with lots of others who are looking to go through them.

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I play, i have a lvl 54 hunter and a new alt. You do have to be online to play it but there is alot of stuff you can solo, but going in groups is more fun and is needed for most instances.

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
4 level 60's at this point (Warlock, Druid, Paladin, Shaman) and counting...

Not playing as much as I used to, as the repitition is getting old. Trying to hang on till the expansion to see what that holds.

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
OUMoose said:
4 level 60's at this point (Warlock, Druid, Paladin, Shaman) and counting...

Not playing as much as I used to, as the repitition is getting old. Trying to hang on till the expansion to see what that holds.

I get on and still play mainly cause of the AV runs which I love but I am waiting for character transfer to transfer to Illidan.

I think they provided way too many servers and now too many people are scattered around.

Latest Discussions