World Jiu-Jitsu Champion Killed

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
OK guys, I am not going to join in all the discussions so far. But since my grandson is not coming to stay until tomorrow, I have time to burn today as I put in like 2 1/2 hours of exercise today already. I am going to change the subject a little:

Anyone of you carry weapons? I don't necessary mean lethal, I include non lethal. I myself carry a cane as my first line defense as I practice stick fight as all you know already. I also carry a pepper spray in my left pocket all the time. I am thinking about adding more.

I have been looking into knife, it's legal to carry in pocket particular if I clip it in my pants' pocket and show the clip and if the knife is manual open. This is for in case I lose my stick( you never know, you see a lot of times people lost their stick in competitions). I have been practicing with a plastic knife on the heavy bags lately.

Another thing I just bought is the smallest stun gun with flash light:
Amazon.com : Guard Dog Security Hornet World's Smallest Stun Gun Keychain with Mini LED Flashlight – Mini Stun Gun – Personal Defense Equipment – Rechargeable Stun Gun – with Carry Case (Black/Black 2-Pack) : Sports & Outdoors

It is really really small, easily carry in the pocket.

I look at it this way, for day to day, or even see thugs picking on old people, I can intervene using non lethal weapon like pepper spray or stun gun if the thug does NOT have a weapon. Of cause I can escalate to cane or knife if ever needed.

I am thinking about getting a conceal carry gun permit also, I have so many guns it's not funny and I am a pretty good shot from years of range practice. But I really don't want to go there so far.

I don't have a strong opinion, you guys can join in if you find this interesting.

Ha ha, I am a peaceful person, not like you guys that are so violent!!! 😂 😂 😂 Just kidding 😂
I don't always carry a weapon. It just depends on where I'm going. Some places have more risks than others. The other thing is that everyone doesn't have to be a lethal weapon. there are some places I won't go to without backup. Extra eyes are always welcomed.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
I carry a pocket knife and kimber pepper blaster 2, in addition to CCW. It’s just habit now like wallet, keys, phone. I have never needed any of them except my pocket knife which I use all the time for everything from opening boxes to cutting pomegranates. I love pomegranates.

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I carry a pocket knife and kimber pepper blaster 2, in addition to CCW. It’s just habit now like wallet, keys, phone. I have never needed any of them except my pocket knife which I use all the time for everything from opening boxes to cutting pomegranates. I love pomegranates.
You carry a gun?

A little weapon even non legal can change the game. Even a small pocket can make a huge difference in fighting. Even someone is good in MA, they will think twice to start a fight involving a little pocket knife, he can get cut really bad!!! It's nice to say you can un-arm and all, it's a different thing if real life.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
You carry a gun?

A little weapon even non legal can change the game. Even a small pocket can make a huge difference in fighting. Even someone is good in MA, they will think twice to start a fight involving a little pocket knife, he can get cut really bad!!! It's nice to say you can un-arm and all, it's a different thing if real life.
Yes, usually in .45 acp or 5.7x28mm depending on where I am and what I am doing. In the woods it’s usually 10mm. I live in far Northern California. The rules are changing about where one can carry soon. Most of my area is rural.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
You carry a gun?

I have been shooting since I was 6 years old. I shoot regularly, it’s one of my other hobbies besides MA. I prefer long range shooting(1000yds+). But if it goes bang I have likely shot one.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
You carry a gun?

Best use of a knife is not to show you have it, same with a pistol. Brandishing your weapon is nearly always a bad plan.

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yes, usually in .45 acp or 5.7x28mm depending on where I am and what I am doing. In the woods it’s usually 10mm. I live in far Northern California. The rules are changing about where one can carry soon. Most of my area is rural.
Yeh, if you live in rural area, it's a good idea to carry. One time when I had to do system testing and that required to be in area with no AM, FM and TV reception, it was in really rural area(even in bayarea!!). I carried my 9mm, I told my collies that it was for mountain lions!!!

I mainly do pistol shooting, I spent a few years every weekend twice in the range. But it got boring shooting paper targets.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeh, if you live in rural area, it's a good idea to carry. One time when I had to do system testing and that required to be in area with no AM, FM and TV reception, it was in really rural area(even in bayarea!!). I carried my 9mm, I told my collies that it was for mountain lions!!!

I mainly do pistol shooting, I spent a few years every weekend twice in the range. But it got boring shooting paper targets.
Try three gun. You can get good exercise and it can include moving targets. Also, I don’t fear mountain lions, or black bears oh my!

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score

I do however, fear a bull elk in the rut.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score

I also fear Bulgarian dope growers with an AK. The biggest threat in the woods these days.

Latest Discussions