Workouts different for RBSD than for 'normal'?

Corporal Hicks

Black Belt
Reaction score
Right, I wasnt sure how to put this but. Say you train five days a week, from Monday to Friday!
If somebody was to focus more of RBSD (like I do) would it make more sense to do three days of technique and form training and two days of cardio fitness than vice versa?

I was trying to sort out how I could pratice self defence moves and keep up my toning, with regular body exercises such as squats, press ups, sit-ups and a chin up bar but should I focus more on RBSD techniques?

Its quite hard trying to do RBSD on the air and trying to picture it but still what do you guys think?

One hour technique training a day good enough for RBSD?

Kind Regards

(RBSD = Reality Based Self Defence)

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Corporal Hicks said:
Right, I wasnt sure how to put this but. Say you train five days a week, from Monday to Friday!
If somebody was to focus more of RBSD (like I do) would it make more sense to do three days of technique and form training and two days of cardio fitness than vice versa?

I was trying to sort out how I could pratice self defence moves and keep up my toning, with regular body exercises such as squats, press ups, sit-ups and a chin up bar but should I focus more on RBSD techniques?

Keep in mind that you're going to be getting a good workout from the drilling alone, so maybe you could split it up like you mentioned above:

Mon, Wed, and Fri., focus on the RBSD drills.

Tue and Thur focus on the strength and cardio aspect.

Sat and Sun for rest.

Its quite hard trying to do RBSD on the air and trying to picture it but still what do you guys think?

If you have the chance to workout with someone you'll be getting a much better workout session. Sure we can visualize but its important to have a body to work with.

One hour technique training a day good enough for RBSD?

1 to 1 1/2 should be good.

Mike

Latest Discussions