What I want in a self-defense class + WC style

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Dr. Ruthless!!

She uses some pretty basic principle's like WC. Forward, Forward, forward!
And lots of follow through!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Si-Je

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This girl kept it simple and she remain sexy...Man blonds seem to have more fun! Why is that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NOS4J1CHyM&feature=related

LOL! Next time I do a women's self defense class I'll make sure to wear a bikini for the fellas!
I was hoping to include a little more technique than constant groin kicking. Very funny video. :)
I was thinking of doing the self defense class in a skirt or dress with dress shoes to demonstrate how the techniques can be used in such clothes for the ladies though.
(I just hate wearing that stuff, lol! and wearing heels usually ends up with me stumbling on the floor. Those thinks take practice to be able to navigate around in!)

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Your students need to be able to fight in their normal clothes. That's why recommended dress for self defense class is a cheap and sturdy version of everyday wear. If it's jeans and a t-shirt they should train in jeans and a t-shirt. If they wear a short skirt they need to practice fighting in a short skirt (with tights, please or underwear at the very least). If they wear heels they need to have at least a session or two trying to function in heels, practice getting out of them very quickly or be prepared to go to groundfighting early in the game.

OP
Si-Je

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Your students need to be able to fight in their normal clothes. That's why recommended dress for self defense class is a cheap and sturdy version of everyday wear. If it's jeans and a t-shirt they should train in jeans and a t-shirt. If they wear a short skirt they need to practice fighting in a short skirt (with tights, please or underwear at the very least). If they wear heels they need to have at least a session or two trying to function in heels, practice getting out of them very quickly or be prepared to go to groundfighting early in the game.

we have them wear comfortable street clothes, but the groundfighting is much different. More like they incorporate in MCMAP, to where you get off the ground immediately.
Doing strict WC/WT technique is completely useful while a lady is wearing a skirt, dress, or heels since almost all the kicks are below the waist, the basic stance is neutral and with feet shoulder width apart, and the groundfighting would only accentuate the advantage of having heels on when on the ground kicking the attacker while chainpunching and deflecting.
I've taught them basic dai sau, and pak sau from on their back, chainpunching, and bicycle type kicking, rolling the opponent off mount position, and use of the basic stance abduction to keep an attacker's body between your legs from reaching the pelvis or torso. This keeps their weight off the woman and allows her room to punch, gouge eyes, ear slap, throat jab, etc, while using thier legs to attack simoltaneously. Like a cat fighting on their back using all four limbs, and the teeth. :)

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
But you see why the videos of Women wrestling now and days are more desireable. A woman rolling around on ground with a man is more interesting than a man getting kick in the nards!!!

LOL! Next time I do a women's self defense class I'll make sure to wear a bikini for the fellas!
I was hoping to include a little more technique than constant groin kicking. Very funny video. :)
I was thinking of doing the self defense class in a skirt or dress with dress shoes to demonstrate how the techniques can be used in such clothes for the ladies though.
(I just hate wearing that stuff, lol! and wearing heels usually ends up with me stumbling on the floor. Those thinks take practice to be able to navigate around in!)