Wkka

S

superdave

Has anyone on this forum had any interaction with Joe Palanzo's WKKA? I was thinking of joining one of his schools, but want to know how political the WKKA is. You guys are an excellent source of information, so if you have had any contact with the WKKA, good or bad, I would like to hear about it.

SuperDave

OP
G

GouRonin

I was pointed to this by a friend. I was at a school that was WKKA. My opinion is to contact people who are or have been in the WKKA directly. However, I also think that each school is different and the owner of the school would play a large part in what the relationship is with the WKKA.

Good luck and cheers!
:cheers:

Bill Smith

Green Belt
Reaction score
SD,
I'm not sure what you are looking for in Kenpo and I'm not trying to push you in any direction but I have a good friend in Westminster Md who has a school.

His name is Mike Guercio, he's a great friend and instructor. He is with the AKKI. You can get is info off the AKKI website under AKKI links. He is under "Carroll County Kenpo Karate".

Hope this helps and let me know how your journey goes.

Bill Smith

OP
P

ProfessorKenpo

Originally posted by superdave

Has anyone on this forum had any interaction with Joe Palanzo's WKKA? I was thinking of joining one of his schools, but want to know how political the WKKA is. You guys are an excellent source of information, so if you have had any contact with the WKKA, good or bad, I would like to hear about it.

SuperDave

All organizations, associations, and clubs find political mudslinging in their midst somewhere. Find a place where it's at a minimum and you'll probably be happy there. I find it's almost nill down in Pasadena where I train, and I'm happy with that, and my association.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

OP
S

superdave

Well I guess what I am looking for is a good teacher without the BS that sometimes comes along group affilation. Have been burned in the past and just want to make sure that it won't happen again.
I hate the political BS that comes with national affiliation, but I guess that is the nature of the beast.

Thanks for the info on the Westminster school, I will check it out. Not many Kenpo schools in the Baltimore metro yellow pages, any contact point sure helps.

OP
M

meni

Hi Dave,
I’m learning kenpo by Mr. Joe Palanzo's kenpo school personally I’m very happy,

Mr. Joe is on the matt all day and gives most of the classes
In general we also have as instructors

A 5th degree
A 3 rd degree
A 2nd degree

And a couple of 1st degree black belt on the matt teaching
In the dojo there is no politics and most of the students aren’t involved with any either!

I hope this is helpful

Let me know if you need any more information

Meni

Mace

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Have a look back to the thread you started on Maryland Kenpo Instructors a few months back. I think most of your questions, pro and con, were answered there.
Respectfully,
Mace

parkerkarate

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I learn from Mr. Palanzo, at his school in Pikesville, MD. I teach for him with a few other instructors. He is a great guy and has a great orginization. I think you would love it.

Latest Discussions