Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is interesting. The Wing Chun I study differs in that each strike serves a purpose of effecting the attacker. I don't see that here. Also the attacker seems to just stop once contact is made. I realize that is for demo purposes, but it makes it seem unrealistic.

l_uk3y

Green Belt
Reaction score
As will all demo clips. You can't take them as perfect as they are just that, "demos" designed to show a technique without damaging the training partner. I like this clip as it shows numerous ideas and options and isn't limited to just a block or 2 then punching to finish.

It actually gave me a few ideas I could try and develop into my class in regards to followup techniques.

Luk

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Too much brute strength , too indirect , no economy of movement , simplicity - not really , no simultaneous counter attack.

He took several steps to counter a simple attack that could have been neutralised with one simple movement.

Not really the type of Wing Chun that one should aspire to I'm afraid , it seems to be a case of someone trying to jazz up a system and add flash to a system that really should only ever be about efficiency.