Wing Chun and Crosstraining

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
A guy named Ping....

Come on, do you honestly believe it was one guy?
Everyone knows that it wasn't just one guy. It was Ping and his brother, Ling.
So in the future should you decide to interject Michelle Yeoh into the conversation please be aware that I am likely to do this whole Michelle Yeoh thing all over again :D
Michelle Yeoh? Who's that? :D

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Whats wrong with Michelle Yeoh she is a pretty good kung fu pretender.

A guy named Ping....

Come on, do you honestly believe it was one guy? It was out of a need for survival and it was multiple people

Read The Spring and Autumn of Chinese Martial Arts and you will get a good idea of where it came form and why

Oh man now you did it... you just had to bring up Michelle Yeoh didn't you.

I mean I would not have mentioned Michelle Yeoh but you went and posted Michelle Yeoh in your post...which by the way the OPs post had nothing to do with Michelle Yeoh in the first place.

So in the future should you decide to interject Michelle Yeoh into the conversation please be aware that I am likely to do this whole Michelle Yeoh thing all over again :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Everyone knows that it wasn't just one guy. It was Ping and his brother, Ling.Michelle Yeoh? Who's that? :D

Another one :disgust:

I simply do not understand what Michelle Yeoh has to do with any of this... you would not see me bringing in Michelle Yeoh to a conversation that had absolutely nothing to do with Michelle Yeoh... although it could be argues since Michelle Yeoh did the movie Wing Chun so that just about any Wing Chun Theard/Post could be associated with Michelle Yeoh

:D

Whats wrong with Michelle Yeoh she is a pretty good kung fu pretender.

DON'T be DISSIN Michelle Yeoh

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Who was dissing Michelle Yeoh? I loved her WC movie. I don't understand why people don't like her WC techs in the movie. She did a good job in pretending to be a real WC fighter.

I simply do not understand what Michelle Yeoh has to do with any of this... you would not see me bringing in Michelle Yeoh to a conversation that had absolutely nothing to do with Michelle Yeoh... although it could be argues since Michelle Yeoh did the movie Wing Chun so that just about any Wing Chun Theard/Post could be associated with Michelle Yeoh

Hagakure

Blue Belt
Reaction score

So, erm,... You like Michelle Yeoh then eh? Instead of Hammer time, we could have "Yeoh time"? :D She's ok. I prefer Zhang Ziyi, that girl's a walking minx.

Back on track. Ahem. Wing Chun and Judo could be handy in a scrap...?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Who was dissing Michelle Yeoh? I loved her WC movie. I don't understand why people don't like her WC techs in the movie. She did a good job in pretending to be a real WC fighter.

At the risk of getting myself in a whole lot of trouble with my (much) better half I do believe I will stop with the Michelle Yeoh posts for now…. I’m not saying that I will not Michelle Yeoh again just for today I am done.

Back to the topic and my previous, pre- Michelle Yeoh, stuff

Do you honestly believe it was one guy? It was out of a need for survival and it was multiple people

Read The Spring and Autumn of Chinese Martial Arts and you will get a good idea of where it came form and why

Chinese Martial arts appeared as something necessary for survival and it encompasses much more than just empty than hand forms we tend to think about when we think Chinese martial arts. There is another post here about all CMA coming from Shaolin, actually I believe there are a few, and in that I reference Shuaijiao which is Chinese and considerably older than Shaolin and that is just one of the many that came before Shaolin and Shaolin Monks were training CMA pretty much from the get go and Da Mo had nothing to do with it.

So, erm,... You like Michelle Yeoh then eh? Instead of Hammer time, we could have "Yeoh time"? :D She's ok. I prefer Zhang Ziyi, that girl's a walking minx.

Back on track. Ahem. Wing Chun and Judo could be handy in a scrap...?

DON'T get me started again :D

I have thought for sometime that Judo and Wing Chun would be a great match as would Wing Chun and Shuaijiao but then I fully believe that Wing Chun trained correctly with a knowledgeable Sifu is all one really needs but then I feel that way about a lot of MA styles

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
okay keep the wife happy.

At the risk of getting myself in a whole lot of trouble with my (much) better half I do believe I will stop with the Michelle Yeoh posts for now…. I’m not saying that I will not Michelle Yeoh again just for today I am done.

Back to the topic and my previous, pre- Michelle Yeoh, stuff

Do you honestly believe it was one guy? It was out of a need for survival and it was multiple people

Chinese Martial arts appeared as something necessary for survival and it encompasses much more than just empty than hand forms we tend to think about when we think Chinese martial arts. There is another post here about all CMA coming from Shaolin, actually I believe there are a few, and in that I reference Shuaijiao which is Chinese and considerably older than Shaolin and that is just one of the many that came before Shaolin and Shaolin Monks were training CMA pretty much from the get go and Da Mo had nothing to do with it.

DON'T get me started again :D

I have thought for sometime that Judo and Wing Chun would be a great match as would Wing Chun and Shuaijiao but then I fully believe that Wing Chun trained correctly with a knowledgeable Sifu is all one really needs but then I feel that way about a lot of MA styles