Will Wing chun help me with my present style?

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tony said:
I have found that Wing chun is actually improving my techniques! Last night we were doing some jabbing and reversing the upper cuts on the pads. I adopted a wing chun stance and used the windscreen wiper foot movements to pivot on when i was doing the uppercuts! I managed to maintain a good rhythym and I did not even cut my hands like my partner was doing plus i was more relaxed and I noticed he woudl tense up before punching so told him what he was doing wrong so he coudl correct his technique!

So i do think it is helping my hand speed because i'm having to do everything slowly and relaxed. This is a great system for small people.

That's very cool..glad to hear it. :)

brothershaw

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Tony said:
I have found that Wing chun is actually improving my techniques! Last night we were doing some jabbing and reversing the upper cuts on the pads. I adopted a wing chun stance and used the windscreen wiper foot movements to pivot on when i was doing the uppercuts! I managed to maintain a good rhythym and I did not even cut my hands like my partner was doing plus i was more relaxed and I noticed he woudl tense up before punching so told him what he was doing wrong so he coudl correct his technique!

So i do think it is helping my hand speed because i'm having to do everything slowly and relaxed. This is a great system for small people.

If you have your heel planted and only the front section of your foot is moving you arent doing it correctly YET, but you will get it in time.

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
brothershaw said:
If you have your heel planted and only the front section of your foot is moving you arent doing it correctly YET, but you will get it in time.

I've heard two schools of thought on that.

Latest Discussions