Wild West

OP
Gyakuto

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched a lot of that as a kid in syndication. In retrospect, I'm not sure why. :)
We actually got it here in Englandā€¦it used to be on at 3:40pm on wet Sunday afternoons just before ā€˜The Ghosts of Motley Hallā€™. There was nothing else to watch, so it was forced viewing. I donā€™t know why I remember itā€™s theme musicšŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
They misrepresent, medical doctors, scientists, military personnel , astronauts, fighter pilots, firemen and the Minions! When I hear film dialogue between medical people and scientists I cringe! They donā€™t do much better for the Minions either!

Oh come on. I don't buy it. Next you're going to tell me they misrepresent martial artists. If there's one thing we can count on, it's that the martial arts fights in movies are realistic.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
We actually got it here in Englandā€¦it used to be on at 3:40pm on wet Sunday afternoons just before ā€˜The Ghosts of Motley Hallā€™. There was nothing else to watch, so it was forced viewing. I donā€™t know why I remember itā€™s theme musicšŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø
Welllll, the first thing you know, ol' Jed's a millionaire.
Kinfolk said, "Jed, move away from there."
Said, "Calliforney is the place ya ought to be."
So they loaded up the truck and they moved to Beverly.
Hills that is, swimming pools... movie stars.

OP
Gyakuto

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh come on. I don't buy it. Next you're going to tell me they misrepresent martial artists. If there's one thing we can count on, it's that the martial arts fights in movies are realistic.
Kill Bill, yes. That one where Bruce Lee fights that hairy-chested bloke in the Colosseumā€¦šŸ˜

OP
Gyakuto

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welllll, the first thing you know, ol' Jed's a millionaire.
Kinfolk said, "Jed, move away from there."
Said, "Calliforney is the place ya ought to be."
So they loaded up the truck and they moved to Beverly.
Hills that is, swimming pools... movie stars.
Oh dear Lordā€¦the second verse šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
it is a catchy tune

tkdroamer

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I watched a lot of that as a kid in syndication. In retrospect, I'm not sure why. :)
Beverly Hill Billies?

<Baritone> šŸŽ¼Come ā€™nā€™ listen to my story ā€˜bout a man named Ged, a poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed, And then one day he was shooting for some food, and out through the ground cam a-bubbling crudeā€¦black goldā€¦.Texas Teaā€¦.šŸŽ¹
Jed with a 'J'. Short for Jeddidiah.;)

OP
Gyakuto

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, ā€˜The Englishā€™ was really excellent and I actually shed a few tears šŸ˜¢

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wait. **The** Metallica? What? That cannot go unchallenged. Itā€™s Metallica. Thatā€™s like saying The Pink Floyd. Or The Depeche Mode. Itā€™s just not okay.
I'm a bit of a Pink Floyd guru. That middle one is ok.

The band had many many names (Sigma 6!) but the first three that referenced Pink Anderson and Floyd Council were actually The Pink Floyd Sound, followed by just The Pink Floyd, and finally Pink Floyd.

OP
Gyakuto

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait. **The** Metallica? What? That cannot go unchallenged. Itā€™s Metallica. Thatā€™s like saying The Pink Floyd. Or The Depeche Mode. Itā€™s just not okay.
It actually is The Pink Floyd, The Depeche Mode, The Lynard Skynyard, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones. The English grammars (yes, that is correct šŸ˜‘) demands that popular beat combo names have the indefinite article preceding it. The Queen said so and now, The King continues the rule.

(Itā€™s the Karate, the Tae Kwon Do, the Iaido, by-the-way. The rule does not apply to the Chinese combat artsā€¦theyā€™ve been around too long for the English grammars to push them around)

OP
Gyakuto

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, Metallica is correctly pronounced (as per Nigel Tufnell) ā€˜Meta-leekaā€™

Last edited: