Wich style of kung-fu should I choose?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would be surprised if there is one within a thousand ks of me.
I can't recall where in Australia you're at (I'm thinking one of the schools you linked was in Brisbane), but if I'm wrong and you're near syndey- there's a school in Sydney for Jow Ga.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210701-055207_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210701-055207_Maps.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 95
OP
C

ChasserHUN

White Belt
Reaction score
Some say on other sites and Wing Chun is more practical nowdays, shaloin is more for shoe off, others say that wing chun misses a lot of good things.
By the way this is the main site for the Chang Dung Shang site

I liked the two wing chun classes, but gonna check out this one as well, and decide wich I like better.

Koryuhoka

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hi there!

I want to learn kung-fu. I don't want to compete or anything like that. Just for self defense and discipline.

I took 2 wing chun lessons with one of my friends. I liked it, but he said it was a bit difficult for him at first. He took kyokoushin karate like 10 years ago and compared it to that. I didn't learn any martial arts as of now. He said we should check out other styles of kung-fu too.

There are Ch'ang Dung Sheng Shaolinf Kung Fu, Xing Yi Quan Shaolin Kung Fu, and there are a few other Wing Chun schools as well. I tried to read upon them. Usually what I find is that win chun os more straight forward and easier to master than shaolin kung-fu.

What are your opinions on theese styles? Wich is the easiest to master, and wich is the most effective in your opinion?

Thank you all for your help!
If I was looking for a Chinese art to study, I would investigate the Chang Dongsheng school. He was one of my Teacher's Teacher. My teacher was his assistant for a while teaching at the police(I believe it was police) academy. The Chang Dongsheng school is known for excellent kung fu. Grand Master Chang was undefeated in his art. I would hope this branch holds high standards.

The Jow Ga school looks legit, too.

Latest Discussions