why do you do wingchun

Nabakatsu

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I was looking desperately for a WC/WT school in my area for a good year, was on the verge of saying the hell with it and taking up Muay thai myself, very glad I found one!

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I was looking desperately for a WC/WT school in my area for a good year, was on the verge of saying the hell with it and taking up Muay thai myself, very glad I found one!

I know how that is! I looked for a good school for 10 years in my area, and was about to take penjack silat, or krav maga. All the good schools were 30 miles away from where I've lived for years. Now we live in the 30 mile away from me area that was too far for me to drive to back in the day! lol! ironic. There's plenty of WT/WC folks out here in Dallas, not many in Fort Worth or midcities.

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I love Wing Chun for Aggression Offensive Attacks and total Destruction of your foes structure. I also love how you can turn off force or deflect leaving your foe totally off balance just long enough for you to exploit his openings and hit them hard and fast with vengence before he can recover his structure!

I love Wing Chun what about all of you?

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
aye so much for nothing longwinded or philisophical :)

Okay, I take Wing Chun to kick people's butt and make sure I crush everyone that gives me trouble. lol!
I guess that's more the philisophical mindset that most have. Actually, that usually bores me, and I don't teach people that think like that. I want to know what a person will do with knowledge to better their life otherwise why give them the knowledge?
Oh yeah, to make money.

OP
skinters

skinters

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Okay, I take Wing Chun to kick people's butt and make sure I crush everyone that gives me trouble. lol!
I guess that's more the philisophical mindset that most have. Actually, that usually bores me, and I don't teach people that think like that. I want to know what a person will do with knowledge to better their life otherwise why give them the knowledge?
Oh yeah, to make money.

to be honest i was expecting a lot of the answers to my original question,its not something thats easy to answer,and i asked that there be nothing longwinded and or philisophical for a reason .if the real reason why you do wingchun is to kick peoples butt (there nothing wrong with that ) i found it interesting why you made fun of it . try to answer it with less that ten words say ....

try it again i take wingchun because .....

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Skinters...I took Wing Chun to kick peoples butts,break arms, kill if have too. I took Wing Chun to have my very own concealed weapons.
To me Wing Chun is a gun. An the Bullets are Chi,Jing,Iron Palm and Iron fingers along with Chin Na Techniques and life taking techniques.

to be honest i was expecting a lot of the answers to my original question,its not something thats easy to answer,and i asked that there be nothing longwinded and or philisophical for a reason .if the real reason why you do wingchun is to kick peoples butt (there nothing wrong with that ) i found it interesting why you made fun of it . try to answer it with less that ten words say ....

try it again i take wingchun because .....

bully

Purple Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same as MJM, my flexibilty is awful, the style suits me.

This has come back and bitten me as it now affects my lower back.

When I first started WC in my early 20's it was to become a better fighter and protect myself if need be.

Now?

Fitness, fun and to learn about the art. When I was younger I used my strength and aggression to win at sparring. No way could I do that now. Therefore I need a better understanding of how WC works.

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Do you strecht atleast twenty minutes a day?

Same as MJM, my flexibilty is awful, the style suits me.

This has come back and bitten me as it now affects my lower back.

When I first started WC in my early 20's it was to become a better fighter and protect myself if need be.

Now?

Fitness, fun and to learn about the art. When I was younger I used my strength and aggression to win at sparring. No way could I do that now. Therefore I need a better understanding of how WC works.

Latest Discussions