Why are we not talking about this?!

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I didn't really think you'd ever consider reevaluating your assumptions, but it was worth a try.
Says the guy making assumptions about me lol classic I forgot you know more about me and my friends and family then I do :wink1:

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
See I was in the Infantry so we never worked with woman so I never saw sexual harassment or assaults in the military.
It might be the women spearheading the initiative, but guys get raped just the same...the % numbers are lacking, but by over all numbers, I am assuming way more guys get it than gals...and that is going by reported numbers....I wish I could find this snippet again, but it was gone off the front page so quickly, it wasn't even real!

And I am thinking a lot of guys think the way you did: I don't want X to feel bad because....
BTW, I have heard a lot of little boys get violated by their female babysitters...

I sure wish the world would have stayed as simple as in Beaver Cleaver land....

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It might be the women spearheading the initiative, but guys get raped just the same...the % numbers are lacking, but by over all numbers, I am assuming way more guys get it than gals...and that is going by reported numbers....I wish I could find this snippet again, but it was gone off the front page so quickly, it wasn't even real!
I never saw anything like that either. We had some hazing issues but never sexual issues. Not saying it doesn't happen but we had 3 or 4 guys in a room so nothing like that happened that I ever knew or heard. We did have a few military guys where I work come in and report some incidents that happened in our bar district but the aggressors were not in the military. It usually involved older men buying them lots of drinks and then trying to take it sexual.
And I am thinking a lot of guys think the way you did: I don't want X to feel bad because....
BTW, I have heard a lot of little boys get violated by their female babysitters...

I sure wish the world would have stayed as simple as in Beaver Cleaver land....
Naa not a female it was her adult son he was like 18 at the time. Last I heard hes doing life in prison for a bunch of rapes in Virginia. Sometimes I feel bad I didn't say anything to prevent his future crimes but I was young I didn't know any better

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I never saw anything like that either. We had some hazing issues but never sexual issues. Not saying it doesn't happen but we had 3 or 4 guys in a room so nothing like that happened that I ever knew or heard. We did have a few military guys where I work come in and report some incidents that happened in our bar district but the aggressors were not in the military. It usually involved older men buying them lots of drinks and then trying to take it sexual.

Naa not a female it was her adult son he was like 18 at the time. Last I heard hes doing life in prison for a bunch of rapes in Virginia. Sometimes I feel bad I didn't say anything to prevent his future crimes but I was young I didn't know any better

Hindsight is always 20/20....could have would have should have....
I sometimes wonder about this little girl I went to elementary school with...playing 'friend' naked....to me it was nothing weird...but now, 40 years later, I wonder....

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of children are also kidnapped and murdered each year but only a few make national headlines...do we have to talk about each one? I think we all agree that people who kidnap and murder children should be captured, convicted, and for me...put to death.

In the case of this girl...if what she says is true...which does need to be looked at...Duke Lacrosse team anyone? I believe quite a few people had those guys not only guilty but thought a trial would be unnecessary and that they should be sent directly to jail...until it turned out the "victim" was lying her *** off...and as it turns out, last month was herself convicted of murder. If true, the guys who sexually assaulted this girl need to go to jail, and the school officials who didn't help her need to be punished as well...is that good enough here?

Drasken

Brown Belt
Reaction score
A lot of children are also kidnapped and murdered each year but only a few make national headlines...do we have to talk about each one? I think we all agree that people who kidnap and murder children should be captured, convicted, and for me...put to death.

In the case of this girl...if what she says is true...which does need to be looked at...Duke Lacrosse team anyone? I believe quite a few people had those guys not only guilty but thought a trial would be unnecessary and that they should be sent directly to jail...until it turned out the "victim" was lying her *** off...and as it turns out, last month was herself convicted of murder. If true, the guys who sexually assaulted this girl need to go to jail, and the school officials who didn't help her need to be punished as well...is that good enough here?

Another good point actually. While I feel that victims of ANY violent crime should be treated fairly, the accused should be as well. Innocent until PROVEN guilty is no longer true in many cases.
I just think compassion, and honest investigation is needed. Do people lie about being raped? Sure, I can admit that it happens. But treating a person like they are wrong, or lieing before proof is presented... That's BS.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

It depends on how the statistics are reported.

There are a couple of factors here. One is, the feds changing their definition of rape from a specific set of sexual assaults involving a male perp and a female victim, to a wider set of assaults that are not gender specific.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/24/h...e-for-rape-awareness.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Another, crime statistics typcally do not include sexual assaults that occur in prison. If that number is included, it has been posited that men outnumber women as rape victims.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/men-outnumber-women-among-american-rape-victims/

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
This has not the slightest anything to do with the topic at hand.

And even this barely touches the topic....

The point is when the victims of the crime are criminalized and punished.

I suppose it is very lewd to be raped in a public place (school), but not by the victim!

The enraging point is when a little girl in middle school gets raped not once, but twice.
That alone is a travesty. 'Oh, she's been through this before' what kind of reaction is that on the side of the school officials?!

Yes, it is despicable for even one single false allegation of assault to exist.
That does not mean you can sweep all under the rug, proclaiming the victims are lying!

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Do people lie about being raped? Sure, I can admit that it happens. But treating a person like they are wrong, or lieing before proof is presented... That's BS.

In my experience we getas many if not more false claims then actual claims. Even more with younger woman and children. Most of our false claims come from one parent trying to win custody from another parent in a divorce or young teens who's parent finds out their daughter had sex and the kid freaks out and claims something happened

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It depends on how the statistics are reported.

There are a couple of factors here. One is, the feds changing their definition of rape from a specific set of sexual assaults involving a male perp and a female victim, to a wider set of assaults that are not gender specific.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/24/h...e-for-rape-awareness.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Another, crime statistics typcally do not include sexual assaults that occur in prison. If that number is included, it has been posited that men outnumber women as rape victims.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/men-outnumber-women-among-american-rape-victims/

Yeah in my state only woman can be "raped". Men would be victims of sexual assault. Penalty is the same either way just wording is different

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
This has not the slightest anything to do with the topic at hand.

And even this barely touches the topic....

The point is when the victims of the crime are criminalized and punished.

I suppose it is very lewd to be raped in a public place (school), but not by the victim!

The enraging point is when a little girl in middle school gets raped not once, but twice.
That alone is a travesty. 'Oh, she's been through this before' what kind of reaction is that on the side of the school officials?!

Yes, it is despicable for even one single false allegation of assault to exist.
That does not mean you can sweep all under the rug, proclaiming the victims are lying!

In the OP I think there is more to this story then is being told. There is a reason no prosecution was done and I'm sure it was more then "well he said it was consentual".

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't know why they wouldn't talk about that it sounds awful, is it possible there trying to ignore it like it's not happening. Or maybe there's another possibility we just haven't considered yet...

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
In my experience we getas many if not more false claims then actual claims. Even more with younger woman and children. Most of our false claims come from one parent trying to win custody from another parent in a divorce or young teens who's parent finds out their daughter had sex and the kid freaks out and claims something happened

Signs of a warped social fabric...
in line with chewed up gum, etc...and heaps of denial.

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
http://www.leaderu.com/real/ri9502/sommers.html

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I will have to go back and read all of it. It about coincides with what I figured, the numbers are grossly exaggerated (to fit the agenda, of course)

But there is the point of women being attacked by people they know and trusted.
Hence also tend to not report...probably with the thought in mind 'must have been my fault' or whatever else the other side can throw at them.

But it still is far off the mark when victims get punished. So to an extend we do have a 'rape culture'
you get more sympathy breaking a nail!

Latest Discussions