A conspiracy I can actually believe: Operation fast and furious

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Normally I think conspiracy theories are silly. I say this so the men in black, or the Bilderburgers, or the Trilateralists or the King from the Burger king commercials don't make me disappear. However, on a more serious note I think that the Fast and Furious/Gun Walker scandal is an actual conspiracy to tar the right of the american people to own firearms. The scandal, which is probably somewhere else on this forum, involves the ATF allowing american weapons, assault rifles and others, to be delivered to mexican drug gangs. There are hearings going on now and heads are going to roll on this one. I think the intention, besides the dubious stated one of tracking how guns move through the drug cartels, was to use it to attack the right to keep and bear arms here in the states. Anyone?

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am apparently not alone in thinking this, I just saw this article after posting my own...

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/mega-scandal-was-gunwalker-a-pr-op-for-gun-control/

From the article:

The most damning revelations coming out of the hearings on Operation Fast and Furious held by the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform are the unmistakable indications that the program was never designed to succeed as a law enforcement operation at all.

A quartet of Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) agents and supervisors turned into whistleblowers to bring the operation down, but only after U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry was gunned down in the Arizona desert. Two of the weapons recovered at the scene of Terry’s murder were traced to the operation.

Fast and Furious, also known by the more accurate “Gunwalker,” allowed known straw purchasers to buy large quantities of firearms — often a dozen or more semi-automatic rifles — at a time with the full knowledge of ATF agents and executives. The guns were then smuggled into Mexico, as frustrated front-line ATF agents watched, under strict orders to do nothing.

ATF agents testifying in front of the House Oversight Committee could not explain how the operation was supposed to succeed when their surveillance efforts stopped at the border and interdiction was never an option.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Having been on the inside of investigations (NOT this one) and having studied several others, I doubt that this was a conspiracy aimed at circumventing the 2nd Amendment. Very simply, I think this was a case of a well-intentioned and sounds good on paper investigation where the goal and end result got lost in the process. It's easy to have happen... and it's happened before at ATF. More than a few times. Like I said -- it's an easy thing to have happen.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
There is this part to the above article:

On television, in various news outlets, and even in a joint appearance with Mexican President Felipe Calderon, Obama pushed the 90 percent lie, implying that 90% of the guns recovered in Mexican cartel violence came from U.S. gun shops.

At the same time they were damning gun dealers in public, the administration was secretly forcing them to provide weapons to the cartels, by the armful and without oversight. More than one gun industry insider suggests that the administration extorted cooperation and silence from these gun shops. As the ATF has the power to summarily shut dealers down for the most minor of offenses, that is very, very possible.

Is it common for weapons to be allowed to leave in the hands of criminals at the point of purchase, instead of arresting them at the purchase point?

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
They do the same thing with Terrorist organizations, and militant fundamentalist Militia groups, and the like..

its all about ruining the image of a people...or setting up another.

They say its so they can "weed" out the bad apples and draw them to there group or whatever...but the corruption is there...and it needs to stop.

Latest Discussions