Who would you study with?

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
My teacher, his teachers Tchoung Ta Tchen, Dave Harris, Gao Fu. Feng Zhiqiang (RIP), Chen Fake, Yang Banghou, Yang Shaohou.

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Alive would be Chen Ziqiang he is just amazing to me to watch. I really enjoy the younger Chen generation because they are big on martial and very dedicated to the arts. I enjoy my training with my teacher as well and I think his patience and knowledge is alot.
Dead I would say Sun Lu Tang because he has met so many famous people and has so much knowledge in so many areas. I really wouldn't care if I did not have the chance to train under him just to meet him and have a conversation would be awesome. I think the same about T.T.Liang he was an interesting person.

I think having a conversation with Chen Fake and him seeing how Chen Taijiquan has come around would be cool too.

Valhalla

White Belt
Reaction score
Yang Chenfu or Fu Zhongwen

Basically because this is the style I started with and I'm trying to Re-learn. Shift work and lack of Schools close by are making it hard.

I actually did a day course with Fu Zhongwen when he visited his family in Perth years ago. My only claim to fame.

sicko

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Chen Xiaowang

Last year I had the pleasure to be in his class for four days and it was a crazy experience.
The energy in the air around him was so special, I could just train for whole day long without a problem.

But.. I'm very happy with the teacher I have at home aswell. He does follow Xiaowangs steps.

Dirtymeat

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Chen Yun Ching Born June 3rd 1939 in Chong Ching China, number seven child, considered to be the favorite of his father’s eight children, migrated to Taiwan with his family at six years of age and began his strict training in Shaolin Boxing at the age of eight.
In his adolescence progressed to the three main systems of Chinese Internal Gung Fu, Tai Chi Chuan, Hsing I Chuan and Ba Gua Zhang.

He mastered the complete Martial and healing arts systems of his father Chen Pan Ling, but never taught publicly in Taiwan until his retirement from the Tai Chung bus company in 1999.
Since that time has opened a full time Academy in Tai Chung and taught relentlessly everyday to all age groups.

His life mission is to ensure his father’s arts are passed down as accurately as possible and preserving the Traditional arts of China for future generations.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Chen Yun Ching Born June 3rd 1939 in Chong Ching China, number seven child, considered to be the favorite of his father’s eight children, migrated to Taiwan with his family at six years of age and began his strict training in Shaolin Boxing at the age of eight.
In his adolescence progressed to the three main systems of Chinese Internal Gung Fu, Tai Chi Chuan, Hsing I Chuan and Ba Gua Zhang.

He mastered the complete Martial and healing arts systems of his father Chen Pan Ling, but never taught publicly in Taiwan until his retirement from the Tai Chung bus company in 1999.
Since that time has opened a full time Academy in Tai Chung and taught relentlessly everyday to all age groups.

His life mission is to ensure his father’s arts are passed down as accurately as possible and preserving the Traditional arts of China for future generations.

There we go again. If you are going to cut and paste please acknowledge the source of your information. Otherwise it is plagiarism.

About Chen Yun Ching

Born June 3rd 1939 in Chong Ching China, number seven child, considered to be the favorite of his father’s eight children, migrated to Taiwan with his family at six years of age and began his strict training in Shaolin Boxing at the age of eight. In his adolescence progressed to the three main systems of Chinese Internal Gung Fu, Tai Chi Chuan, Hsing I Chuan and Ba Gua Zhang.

He mastered the complete Martial and Healing Arts systems of his father Chen Pan Ling but never taught publicly in Taiwan until his retirement from the Tai Chung bus company in 1999. Since that time has opened a full time Academy in Tai Chung and taught relentlessly everyday to all age groups.

Further reading:
Biography and photos of Grandmaster Chen Pan Ling

http://www.chenpanling.com/about.htm

Dirtymeat

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
There we go again. If you are going to cut and paste please acknowledge the source of your information. Otherwise it is plagiarism.

There you go again acting like a Moderator or Administrator when you hold no such powers, if you would have taken the time to read my post you would have found the link to my source in Chen Pan Ling, name.

Maybe your
Flaming or Trolling my post because I'm a new member, but get your facts straight because your starting to look foolish.

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Mmm ... no, calling out is cool; k-man doesn't have the power to ban you. In other words, his admonishment has no teeth, nor did he indicate that it does.

I realize we're not required to use Chicago, MLA, APA or any other recognized format, but it's just good form to quote and cite your sources if you expect to build credibility as a new member. Hyperlinking inside the text doesn't cut it. Sorry.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There you go again acting like a Moderator or Administrator when you hold no such powers, if you would have taken the time to read my post you would have found the link to my source in Chen Pan Ling, name.

Maybe your
Flaming or Trolling my post because I'm a new member, but get your facts straight because your starting to look foolish.

:lfao: :lfao:

Maybe I should have busted you for your first post but I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Recognise this site? You should because you copied it for your first post on MT. :)

Greatly Improve Your Kung Fu Training in 3 Simple Steps
by Ben
Here are 3 simple ways to greatly improve your Kung Fu training.

Apply them to your form, your techniques, your applications and especially your drills & sparring.

Just a word of warning first. Simple does not mean easy.

1. LOWER
Everything you train today should be a little lower than it was yesterday. And make tomorrow a little lower than today.

Keep at it until your thighs are parallel to the floor.

Don’t compromise structure or softness.

Once you can move as comfortably, easily and softly at thighs parallel as you you can standing up then your work here is done.

2. SLOWER
How slow can you train without stopping?

Now work on going slower.

Make sure to maintain constant, smooth movement the whole time.

No starts and stops.

This is especially important training for partner drills and sparring.

3. SOFTER
There’s no end to this one.

Sigung Clear is much softer than I am and he’s still working at it.

His teacher’s, in their 60’s, 70’s & 80’s are much softer than he is and they’re still working at it.

So relax more and deeper and more completely.

…and then become even softer.

Lower, Slower and Softer.
These are not fun to work on.

…mostly because progress feels slow and the more you improve the more you realize how much more room for improvement you still have.

Don’t get discouraged.

Kung Fu training is supposed to taste bitter. Internal Kung Fu even more so.

Even a little bit, done consistently will produce great results…

As long as you have good training methods to start with.

Like the stuff in the 16 week Internal Combat Arts Course. If you join that program and practice the material you’ll get a lot of great stuff out of it.

But if you train that stuff AND apply Lower, Slower, Softer the benefits will be greatly enhanced.

http://www.clearsilat.com/kung-fu/greatly-improve-your-kung-fu-training-in-3-simple-steps-4062.html

So unless your name is Ben!

Oh! In case the others missed your first post, here it is again.

Improve your practice

Apply these to your form, your techniques, your applications and especially your drills & sparring.

1. LOWER

Everything you train today should be a little lower than it was yesterday. And make tomorrow a little lower than today.

Keep at it until your thighs are parallel to the floor.

Don’t compromise structure or softness.

Once you can move as comfortably, easily and softly at thighs parallel as you you can standing up then your work here is done.

2. SLOWER

How slow can you train without stopping?

Now work on going slower.

Make sure to maintain constant, smooth movement the whole time.

No starts and stops.

This is especially important training for partner drills and sparring.

3. SOFTER

There’s no end to this one.

Relax more and deeper and more completely.

...and then become even softer.

Lower, Slower and Softer.

These are not fun to work on.

...mostly because progress feels slow and the more you improve the more you realize how much more room for improvement you still have.

Don’t get discouraged.

Even a little bit, done consistently will produce great results...

As long as you have good training methods to start with.

Practice the material you’ll get a lot of great stuff out of it.

But if you train that stuff AND apply Lower, Slower, Softer the benefits will be greatly enhanced

So yes, I'm not a moderator or administrator but, I like to read original thoughts. If you want to discuss someone else's work, by all means, but make sure it is properly acknowledged.

If we were playing baseball, I would call that "Strike Three"!
:asian: