Who studies Tracy Kenpo?

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Let's heare form the Tracy folks?

After a short stint in TKD, Tracy Kenpo was my first introduction into the world of kenpo.

Stop in and say hi! :asian:

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yup, that's me!! First Dan Black Belt. Tracys was my first art, I began training in 1984 when I was in 8th grade.

Kenpojujitsu3

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You guys just had to get your own forum didn't you? LOL. I'm sittin' here looking at my screen going WTF! Somethings different :) Or maybe I'm just slow and this has been here all along?

OP
HKphooey

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
You guys just had to get your own forum didn't you? LOL. I'm sittin' here looking at my screen going WTF! Somethings different :) Or maybe I'm just slow and this has been here all along?

A Kenpo Jujistsu forum maybe be next. LOL!!! :)

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I do, though we are independent, we haven't been a franchise for 30 something years.

Lamont

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I do, though we are independent, we haven't been a franchise for 30 something years.

Lamont

I believe that Al Tracy turned all the franchises over to the individual owners during the mid-70's. So, no one has really been a franchise for about 30 years! But, I do know what you mean!

:ultracool

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
2nd degree Brown belt in the tracy system.. I Feel special. :p

You should. And not just because you're a 2nd brown in Tracy's. If success in your chosen art of study does not make you feel special, then you are in the wrong one!

Congrats, and keep us posted on the quest for Shodan!

jonathan archer

White Belt
Reaction score
hey there y'all im a brand new member here used to study isshinryu karate in washington state fer 2 1/2 yrs and just started with tracys kenpo in wooster oh big big differance.

Reaction score
Presently I am studying Tracy Style Kenpo. Its called Chaun Fa Kempo by the instructor, but he is from the Tracy lineage.

I started with Tracy's in 1973 and was asst-manager of two of their schools in the Pacific Northwest. I met all three of them them back then, Al, Will and Jim. I like and appreciate Al much and it was good seeing him again at the HOF & GOE's 2007.

It's been a 35 year friendship with a man I trust.

Dr. John M. La Tourrette

atticus_mathers

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm studying Tracy Kenpo in Fairfield Ca. I'm in the Air Force and originally from Kelso, WA. This weekend Mr. Al Tracy is holding a semiar at my dojo and I'll get to meet him. i'm really excited at the chance to learn from him personally.

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
So, you train with Mr. Yard and his people? I have met him on a few occasions at various camps. Excellent kenpo coming out of there!

NubreedKaliSilat

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I started out in Kajukenbo Wun Hop Kuen Do under GM Al Dacascos. In Denver Colorado 1974. When he moved to Germany in 1975 I continued with Ben Dacascos his brother when he closed his school and moved. I continued my training in Kajukenbo under Gil Trancosa and I started training in Tracy's Kenpo 1976 under willie Pineda I got up to 3rd Degree Black Belt.

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I started out in Kajukenbo Wun Hop Kuen Do under GM Al Dacascos. In Denver Colorado 1974. When he moved to Germany in 1975 I continued with Ben Dacascos his brother when he closed his school and moved. I continued my training in Kajukenbo under Gil Trancosa and I started training in Tracy's Kenpo 1976 under willie Pineda I got up to 3rd Degree Black Belt.

Are you still in Denver? Still with Tracy's?

Latest Discussions