White to light blue sash grading

nathancw

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys i'm new here and i hope this is the right place to post this thread. Well im currently a white sash and am planning to grade to light blue sash this saturday (its tuesday now). Well I've had about a month and half of training, 2 lessons a week and friends who have done the white sash to light blue sash grading say I could pretty much ace it. Even the teacher said I was doing much ahead of my time when i first started so i think i am ready for the grading. This isn't to brag though, I'm starting this thread to ask the assistance of those who have done this grading ( i know some schools dont have it, or have another way of grading structure) and if anyone is willing to spare some tips for me

thanks in advance :)

Poor Uke

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yep good luck.

The sash thing is very much a western invention in Wing Chun (well originally it was a Japanese thing but I digress) but it can help to achieve training goals and the like.

It certainly helps me...

:)

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hey guys i'm new here and i hope this is the right place to post this thread. Well im currently a white sash and am planning to grade to light blue sash ...:)

Well good luck on your test, but my sympathies for having to wear a light blue sash. White, red or black are OK. But light blue? Well it's better than pink I suppose.

Like most everyone, I also go along with my instructor's wishes. I'm just glad he's content with us wearing the school's tee-shirt and black chinese pants (or shorts in hot weather).

OP
N

nathancw

White Belt
Reaction score
Well good luck on your test, but my sympathies for having to wear a light blue sash. White, red or black are OK. But light blue? Well it's better than pink I suppose.

Like most everyone, I also go along with my instructor's wishes. I'm just glad he's content with us wearing the school's tee-shirt and black chinese pants (or shorts in hot weather).

Yeah I agree, light blue does seem a bit pansy, but I gotta go through it so i can get to medium blue, then it goes dark blue, light brown, dark brown, black, grey, green, gold and finally red :)

bully

Purple Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck.

What do you have to do for your grading?

No silver sash?

That would look nice against black trousers:supcool:

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah I agree, light blue does seem a bit pansy, but I gotta go through it so i can get to medium blue, then it goes dark blue, light brown, dark brown, black, grey, green, gold and finally red :)

Well then, look the color as an additional motivating factor. Besides, it isn't the sash, it's what you can do that matters.

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score

When I trained under Emin in the old AWTO, our 10th student grade patch(it may have been 11th) was "light red"

Who was he trying to fool?.....IT WAS PINK....I guess it was supposed to be kind of like a boy named Sue thing....get tough or die

Latest Discussions