White House Party Crashers

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread on this, and I'm kinda surprised, seeing that the topic is one that you just can't escape from. Between the papers and the news, the 2 people that claimed to be invited to the party at the White House, but never were, they certainly seem to be getting what they wanted...the spotlight. Kinda reminds me of the balloon kid....anything for attention.

Anyways....thought it would be interesting to hear everyones thoughts on this. I mean, the fact that 2 people, can walk right in, shake hands with the President...and they weren't on the guest list!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Part of me thinks they should've been arrested, but the other part of me is kinda glad they did what they did, because it exposed some obvious flaws, serious flaws in the security. I mean, why is it that it always seems to take something bad happening, before someone wakes up?

Thoughts?

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's an embarrassment on so many fronts. White House staffers look bad. Secret Service looks bad. Visiting dignitaries and high ranking officials attending the event end up looking like they've been punk'd in getting photos taken with the couple. It raises a huge red flag about the safety of guests in the White House.

A couple of things caught my eye in recent events. One was Press Secretary Gibbs saying that the WH social secretary would likely not be called to testify before Congress because of the 'separation of powers' legislation. I find it interesting that the idea of a Congressional inquiry is already on the radar.

The part I don't get is how this woman got the pictures up on facebook. Do guests bring their own cameras? (Honey, hold the camera while I paw the Vice-President.) Are they simply given digital copies or prints of photographs taken by staff? Those pictures went up quick. What happens if someone snaps a pic of an ambassador picking his nose?

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good points, and I forgot about the FB pictures. Of course, the thought of just anyone snapping pictures is a bit scarey. I mean, party or not, I'd imagine that there're places and things that people just can't see, due to their sensitive nature. That being said, who knows what else was photographed.

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good points, and I forgot about the FB pictures. Of course, the thought of just anyone snapping pictures is a bit scarey. I mean, party or not, I'd imagine that there're places and things that people just can't see, due to their sensitive nature. That being said, who knows what else was photographed.

Obama sneaking a smoke out back by the dumpster? LOL

Yeah...good thing these "party crashers" weren't smuggling in poison in a perfume bottle, or some "biological" weapon.

Not that I've been following this story closely, but isn't it still up in the air as to whether they were invited or not?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Yeah...good thing these "party crashers" weren't smuggling in poison in a perfume bottle, or some "biological" weapon.

Not that I've been following this story closely, but isn't it still up in the air as to whether they were invited or not?
Well, there are pictures of them with Obama when he was a Senator, it isn't like Bob and Mary from Duluth snuck in... They are long time Obama supporters at the least.

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Thats correct, it is still up in the air. The turn of events though do make you wonder. Wasn't there supposed to be some sit down, to talk about whether or not they were/were not invited, and they, as well as a few others, didn't show up? Then we have the email exchange and supposed phone message...that wasn't received....due to a dead cell phone.

Just like anything, we only have part of the story. I'm sure this'll keep going and going and going and......

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thats correct, it is still up in the air. The turn of events though do make you wonder. Wasn't there supposed to be some sit down, to talk about whether or not they were/were not invited, and they, as well as a few others, didn't show up? Then we have the email exchange and supposed phone message...that wasn't received....due to a dead cell phone.

Just like anything, we only have part of the story. I'm sure this'll keep going and going and going and......

Unfortunately...

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
They illustrated some flaws in the White House security.

AND they should be arrested.

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

And this is what surprises me. I can't believe its turning into such a fiasco....they either had an invite or they didn't. It shouldn't be some federal investigation as to whether they did/didn't. I'm really surprised, given the nature of where this happened, and the serious breach of security, that they are still walking around.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
although they were screened and metal detected and sniffed....

:hmm:

What if.... they "Mike Tyson'd" Obama and bit his ear off when they were shaking his hand? sure, they would not have killed him (unless they bit him in the throat...) but could you imagine him with one BIG ear and one missing!!!!! :rofl:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
These armatures punched a big hole in White House security. Imagine if it were someone who meant harm? It's pretty damn shocking.

Thats probably how they got away with it tho... Security was probably busy looking for people who knew what they were doing and had an elaborate plan.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
These armatures punched a big hole in White House security. Imagine if it were someone who meant harm? It's pretty damn shocking.
They were searched for weapons. Unless they were ninjas or planned to attack the president with a butter knife...

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

They did show a gap in the security scheme; whether the gap was primarily in the hands of the Secret Service, the White House staff, or someone else is yet to be determined. Several members of the Uniformed Service of the Secret Service are on involuntary leave at the moment, while this is being sorted out. The Director of the Secret Service has accepted the responsibility (as is right) -- but I suspect, in the end, there will be several people both in the West Wing and in the SS who pay the price.

They had no invitation, and it is currently rather clear that they had no reason to think there might have been one. What they had was plenty of chutzpah. There's strong evidence that it's not the first time they've worked their way into functions; among other things, Micheala Salasi has been claiming to be have been a Washington Redskins football cheerleader, going so far as attending alumni functions and performing as an alumna... but there's no record of her ever actually being one -- and nobody who remembers her having been on the cheerleader squad with them.

Meanwhile, there are significant questions being raised about his charity polo match, and I can't help but draw some inferences from the on-going court drama regarding the winery.

All in all... to me, these two exemplify the problems with the relatively recent notoriety/infamy of reality show stardom. People have become celebrities not for what they've done, or what they do... but simply for being celebrities. Of course, they start doing more and more outrageous things to stay celebrities...

Oh... and as for criminal charges... What are you going to charge them with? Some form of trespass? They were admitted. Crossing a police line? Same problem. I'm sure there's probably some federal charge about entering the White House grounds without permission or authority -- but they didn't jump a fence; they were let into the grounds through a gate.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
They were searched for weapons. Unless they were ninjas or planned to attack the president with a butter knife...

Right, cuz as Martial Artists we are all aware you can't do any damage with empty hands, improvised weapons like say the stem of a Wineglass, or a butter knife.

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
There's a nasty nerve agent that is colorless and odorless.

I can't believe someone has to point out that there's a hell of lot more ways to kill somebody and/or cause chaos other than with a gun.

I also wonder if we'd have the same responses if they WEREN'T actual supporters of Obama. I doubt it.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
There's a nasty nerve agent that is colorless and odorless.

I can't believe someone has to point out that there's a hell of lot more ways to kill somebody and/or cause chaos other than with a gun.
I can't believe you think that nobody in the secret service would think to look for stuff like sarin in addition to just checking for a gun.

Cryozombie said:
Right, cuz as Martial Artists we are all aware you can't do any damage with empty hands, improvised weapons like say the stem of a Wineglass, or a butter knife.
Outside of the movies, in a room with secret service agents, not so much. The odds of someone causing serious damage with a butter knife or stemware are quite low.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Simple fact: If you're willing to die to do it, you can kill the president or any other protected person. That's reality.

I'm not going into details of different things I can come up with. Plenty of folks here can do that on their own. The simple question is what are you willing to pay to achieve your goal.

And that's why the fact that these two not only got in the door, but to the receiving line, is a big deal.

Last edited:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Outside of the movies, in a room with secret service agents, not so much. The odds of someone causing serious damage with a butter knife or stemware are quite low.

I wouldn't stake my life on that belief.

Latest Discussions